• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tire PSI?

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
My dealer installed accessories included Nitrogen filled tires @ 30psi for all four.
I was out of town for a week and the car wasn't driven. Now they've dropped to 28 which triggered the TPMS sensor.
Looking at the manual shows the 18" ContiPros should be 35 front, 33 rear. Which has me wondering why the dealer had them at 30.
What are ya'll running the PSI at on the stock 18's?

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm running 38 in fronts and 36 in rear.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Mine are at 34/33 cold. When they heat it up I see 38/37

OP
OP

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Thx guys.
I was annoyed I had to get nitrogen to begin with and now pissed off they only put 30 psi.
Mad at myself that I didn't check the inflation specs from day one!
I could just add straight air myself instead of the hassle of driving 30 miles to the dealer for nitrogen.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Thx guys.
I was annoyed I had to get nitrogen to begin with and now pissed off they only put 30 psi.
Mad at myself that I didn't check the inflation specs from day one!
I could just add straight air myself instead of the hassle of driving 30 miles to the dealer for nitrogen.
They just do that to make a little extra money. It's super annoying. They tried that with me when I got my Nissan Juke and I said I'm walking. And then they chased in the parking lot to say okay they won't do the nitrogen

OP
OP

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Yeah I normally would have fought them on the expensive ProPkg but at least it had a few decent accessories and they weren't marking up the MSRP.

A friend just told me all Costco have free Nitrogen inflation machines in their parking lot. I must have been living under a rock.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yeah I normally would have fought them on the expensive ProPkg but at least it had a few decent accessories and they weren't marking up the MSRP.

A friend just told me all Costco have free Nitrogen inflation machines in their parking lot. I must have been living under a rock.
I didn't know that..
Also air contains 78% nitrogen...

solman

First Name
Sol
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASPEC 6MT TECH, 2011 Ford F250
I was out of town for a week and the car wasn't driven. Now they've dropped to 28 which triggered the TPMS sensor.
I thought the purpose of nitrogen filled tires is that the pressure does not change with temperature variations. Your tires started out low psi and dropped after sitting makes me wonder what it's all about.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I thought the purpose of nitrogen filled tires is that the pressure does not change with temperature variations. Your tires started out low psi and dropped after sitting makes me wonder what it's all about.
That's the idea but are they really filling it with 100% nitrogen? What about installing the tire? Unless it's installed in a vacuum or ambient air is evacuated you still have normal air in it. Lots of marketing.

OP
OP

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Up to 95% nitrogen and I too originally assumed it was for less PSI fluctuation with temperature changes but I've since read something to the affect that Nitro molecules are larger therefore seep out more slowly through the tires pores than straight atmospheric air. Seems plausible but...