• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Tuned 2023+ Integra Experience & Reliability Thread

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Does he prefer to use Ktuner or Hondata?!? I’m stuck on what way I should go, but I’ve always learned to stick with what your turner feels comfortable with. I don’t mind paying the difference for Hondata but I’d rather go with what ever is more user friendly and what he prefers to tune with on a Cvt
Phearable only makes the integra tune for ktuner. I met John in person when I bought the tune. He’s a classy guy and told me lots of reasons that ktuner is better than hondata for our platform. He also takes a hair off the low end for the cvt to protect it. After speaking with him, I felt very confident running his tune. In his words, “This is the best you’ll get without going custom.”

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
Phearable only makes the integra tune for ktuner. I met John in person when I bought the tune. He’s a classy guy and told me lots of reasons that ktuner is better than hondata for our platform. He also takes a hair off the low end for the cvt to protect it. After speaking with him, I felt very confident running his tune. In his words, “This is the best you’ll get without going custom.”
Thank you for this , after the holidays, I’ll contact him about buying a Ktuner and having him E tune my car and what’s the process.

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
Anyone running the Phearable 1.5R tune using mainly the 23 PSI map having any issues using it as a daily driver? I'm considering it for the 6MT but am not extremely car saavy so am hoping to not run into any issues

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Anyone running the Phearable 1.5R tune using mainly the 23 PSI map having any issues using it as a daily driver? I'm considering it for the 6MT but am not extremely car saavy so am hoping to not run into any issues
yes any insight on someone running the 23 psi map would be helpful. I am so close to pulling the trigger on the Ktuner, I’m just worried that stock psi is around 15-18psi and switching it to 23 psi on a daily would be over kill, especially since I have a Cvt and this is my Daily! I want to jump on the Ktuner so bad but need to hear from people that drive their cars everyday on 21psi +

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Remember that KTuner has on the fly map switching. You literally have 3 different maps with varying boost levels. You use the cruise control buttons to change maps on the fly.

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
Remember that KTuner has on the fly map switching. You literally have 3 different maps with varying boost levels. You use the cruise control buttons to change maps on the fly.
Yes! Which is great, but i was planning to mostly run the pherable 23 PSI (Map 2) for my daily, and was hoping to get some insights into how this map holds up to that kind of use.
But I do love the ability to change maps on the fly, great feature!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So you guys don't know me but I'm sort of the tuned CivicX reliability guru at CivicX.com. Phearable (John Vega) and KTuner's head guy JR will vouch for me.

If you maintain your car properly and aren't abusive, you should be fine. Obviously don't floor it stoplight to stoplight. And remember, you'll only see 23psi when you gun it.

I run the Phearable 1.5R on my 1.5T Civic and our Map 3 is 24 psi. The tune is amazing.

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
So you guys don't know me but I'm sort of the tuned CivicX reliability guru at CivicX.com. Phearable (John Vega) and KTuner's head guy JR will vouch for me.

If you maintain your car properly and aren't abusive, you should be fine. Obviously don't floor it stoplight to stoplight. And remember, you'll only see 23psi when you gun it.

I run the Phearable 1.5R on my 1.5T Civic and our Map 3 is 24 psi. The tune is amazing.
Thank you so much!! I definitely wouldn't be abusing it, basically just want to get more power out of the car to make it a bit more fun to drive. So that's really comforting to hear, I think I'm going to pull the trigger after the holiday.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I still want to upgrade my clutch first.
Never a bad idea but at OTS power levels the stock clutches on the 10th gen Si have done rather well.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Never a bad idea but at OTS power levels the stock clutches on the 10th gen Si have done rather well.
Thanks, but I also plan to tow my motorcycle on occasion.

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
[

so because of this , I bit the bullet and ordered it! Never delt with a Ktuner , so I’ll need to read up , how to add the tune when it comes in and how to navigate it.

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
[

so because of this , I bit the bullet and ordered it! Never delt with a Ktuner , so I’ll need to read up , how to add the tune when it comes in and how to navigate it.
My only other concern is the warranty, but I'm tempted to just go for it anyways! I can't wait 5 years or whatever the drivetrain warranty is I don't think

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My only other concern is the warranty, but I'm tempted to just go for it anyways! I can't wait 5 years or whatever the drivetrain warranty is I don't think
That was a concern for me as well, but if sometime goes wrong , I’ll try to re flash it to stock and hopefully it’s drive able where j could put 50 miles to clean any monitors , before it goes to a dealer 🫠

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
yes any insight on someone running the 23 psi map would be helpful. I am so close to pulling the trigger on the Ktuner, I’m just worried that stock psi is around 15-18psi and switching it to 23 psi on a daily would be over kill, especially since I have a Cvt and this is my Daily! I want to jump on the Ktuner so bad but need to hear from people that drive their cars everyday on 21psi +
I run the 23 psi exclusively. Ktuner stays plugged in so it saves that map. It runs great. In my area due to climate etc, I usually only see 21-22 psi and factory is 18. 4 more psi isn’t going to hurt anything. What’s more important than boost amount alone is the appropriate ignition timing and fuel trim to go with it. It’s the total package that makes a tune safe or not.

That being said, I did take some additional precautions. As I mentioned I have the cvt and Phearable’s cvt tune already have a bit taken off the low end to protect it. I also went for the 91 octane version even though I run 93. I did this to have a buffer for shit gas (I had a 93 tune on my mustang and running 93 would still give me audible knock. Changed the same tune to 91 but running 93 made it all go away) but also to lower the aggression slightly.

So while I run the 23 psi tune, it’s the cvt, 91 octane version.

I was worried about the same at first. Seemed like a lot of boost. But it’s really not.

Last edited: