• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spring Rate recommendations for coilovers

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
I’m possibly looking to transition from Eibach springs to coilovers in the near future. While there is nothing officially out for our cars, I’m in the process of purchasing a set from the 11th gen Civic SI.

Long story short, I need to know what spring rates I should go with. Our cars have a 60/40 weight distribution. Several coilover companies tend to recommend a 8k front and 6k rear. This makes sense to me. However, the company I am leaning towards has a default of 8k/8k. I have zero plans to track the car, and I will have about a 2.5” drop with 19s wrapped in 235/35/19. Having 4 people in the car is common, along with the ocasional grocery run. I was told that rear divorced setups tend to make the 8k spring behave more like a 6k. Not sure how much truth there is to that.

Lastly, I will be going with the Swift spring upgrade. This is something that has always intrigued me with my previous sets, and I’m finally ready to pull the trigger.

My goal is to have a nice, comfortable ride. Obviously it’ll be a bit more firm, and I don’t want it to sag when the car is full.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

trippvail

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
bump, looking for knowledge as well, hopefully getting an answer soon!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Answers are in the XI forum..
10th gen FC Si OEM F: 144lbR: 208lb
10th gen FK8 CTR OEMF: 263lbR: 235lb
11th gen FE Si OEMF: 155lbR: 320lb
Swift SiF: 229lbR: 319lb
Swift CTRF: 352lbR: 414lb
Whiteline 10th genF: 253lbR: 286lb
8th gen FD2 CTR OEMF: 294lbR: 345lb
FK8 front + 11th gen Si rearF: 263lbR: 320lb

I'm running FK8 front springs. Almost all coilovers have soft springs. swift springs seem to be the only aftermarket that improve over oem.