• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Shift knob removal

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
maybe you had some issue similar to mine? i replaced my center console trim piece with one that was alcantara-wrapped, and while i didn't have any issue getting the boot down, that lock-nut underneath the knob had been put on with loctite or something because i had to manually wrench it off the entire way off and then the entire way back on- it was literally peeling the threads of the shift lever.

my boot came right down with a little bit of force like everyone else is saying, but it just made me think about the locknut issue i had. i have no idea what the dealership/assemblers are doing with these cars lol.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
maybe you had some issue similar to mine? i replaced my center console trim piece with one that was alcantara-wrapped, and while i didn't have any issue getting the boot down, that lock-nut underneath the knob had been put on with loctite or something because i had to manually wrench it off the entire way off and then the entire way back on- it was literally peeling the threads of the shift lever.

my boot came right down with a little bit of force like everyone else is saying, but it just made me think about the locknut issue i had. i have no idea what the dealership/assemblers are doing with these cars lol.
That nut had to be cross-threaded. Hasty Install at the factory I'm sure. Should be smooth as silk once you break it loose.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
That nut had to be cross-threaded. Hasty Install at the factory I'm sure. Should be smooth as silk once you break it loose.
i thought that might be the case while i was unscrewing it, but there were no metal shavings anywhere in my car from it from when they did it. i ordered the optional titanium shift knob with my build and i'm pretty sure when they put it on they used loctite.

bee-man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 6sp
Here are some close ups of the interface. Clips are located at the 9 and 3 o’clock positions, and if you can somehow access and assist or pry from the shift nut, it will minimize the chance of damage.
IMG_4842.jpeg
IMG_4839.jpeg
IMG_4838.jpeg
IMG_4841.jpeg
IMG_4812.jpeg