• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
So according to my dealer on first run Canada’s choices are going to be Platinum White Pearl, Majestic Black Pearl, and Liquid Carbon Metallic.

was hopping for more colours TBH, might go with LCM…
🤨 shades of white again??

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
As someone that works in marketing / advertising / design I agree. Honda/Acura have always had a marketing issue. Either uncreative and boring, non-existent, or just downright bad when they do actually try to inject some personality. Honda doesn't advertise much... they've not really ever had to in the last 3-4 decades, the cars sell themselves... but if they ever want Acura to actually be able to stand on its own two legs as a serious option in the premium segment rather than being relegated to fans of the brand or clueless shoppers that wander in a see a decent price for a premium vehicle, they need to really invest in marketing & visibility for all their cars.... I see a few ads from time to time for their crossovers... lately it's been showing off the Type S MDX and NSX. But their marketing for the TLX and Integra are almost non-existent. And what ads they do run for any of their cars are generic and unoriginal to say the least. (ex. jump shots of cars on racetrack, like that hasn't been done a million times before)

I said this about the CR-Z back in the day... which by my own opinion was not as bad of a car as many made it out to be, it was a fun little go cart to drive, not super fast, but certainly fun to drive being so small and light as it was. But honda did basically ZERO marketing of that vehicle... to the point that anyone outside of the Honda fanboys or CRX veterans never even heard of it. Hell, when I was in college I did so many conceptual ad campaigns for that car that would've been better than anything honda ever did for it.

Honda may have been able to rest on their laurels that their cars would sell themselves for a long while.. but with competition from the korean brands and even Toyota overtaking them in sporty offerings, they're doing very little to draw in NEW customers and enthusiasts, but at the same time, myself as a huge honda loyalist has been generally unimpressed and let down by their most recent new offerings compared to the previous generation that really just wowed in every category, newest models all come across very "dialed in" like they're just putting out products to hold them over until electrification really takes hold.
Where at? I was with a Publicis owned brand. We did GM, BMW and Infiniti.

My issue with the CRZ was I had hoped for an Si version and it never got one.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Where at? I was with a Publicis owned brand. We did GM, BMW and Infiniti.

My issue with the CRZ was I had hoped for an Si version and it never got one.
I work in the real estate / property development sector. Working for a company that handles construction / development / management of luxury apartments, condos, restaurants, event spaces, and a private golf course. Surprisingly not that much different marketing an apartment complex as it is to market a vehicle.

The closest we got to an Si CRZ was the optional super charger they made for it the last couple of years it was around. If honda did a modern day CRZ with Honda's new hybrid setup that makes 204hp in a 2+2 liftback configuration I'd be all over one. I test drove a CRZ back in the day, and it had plenty of get up and go and the handling was nimble and toss-able. Apples to apples compared to the civic coupe at the time it was the better vehicle (if you didn't NEED back seats) but they just did absolutely NOTHING to market that car.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I work in the real estate / property development sector. Working for a company that handles construction / development / management of luxury apartments, condos, restaurants, event spaces, and a private golf course. Surprisingly not that much different marketing an apartment complex as it is to market a vehicle.

The closest we got to an Si CRZ was the optional super charger they made for it the last couple of years it was around. If honda did a modern day CRZ with Honda's new hybrid setup that makes 204hp in a 2+2 liftback configuration I'd be all over one. I test drove a CRZ back in the day, and it had plenty of get up and go and the handling was nimble and toss-able. Apples to apples compared to the civic coupe at the time it was the better vehicle (if you didn't NEED back seats) but they just did absolutely NOTHING to market that car.
Former 6MT CR-Z owner here--it was a LOT of fun to drive, and would've been even better with more power, even if that came at the cost of some gas mileage. Despite being a hatchback, it didn't have much useful trunk space from what I recall. I do totally agree, however, that too little was done to advertise the car. I'm a Honda fan, so I was all over it. I'd occasionally encounter people who thought it was a revived CR-X (sort of) or first -generation Insight (sort of).

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
PWP looks great all the time as long as it's clean.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
So according to my dealer on first run Canada’s choices are going to be Platinum White Pearl, Majestic Black Pearl, and Liquid Carbon Metallic.

was hopping for more colours TBH, might go with LCM…
Unfortunately, I will not be terribly surprised if Acura Canada only uses these limited colors in the first year of release. don't know what it is about Honda Canada.. The FK8 Type R was released in its first year in .... black and white - that was it. Then each year Honda Canada rotated in one additional color from the rest of the world :(

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I would assume all the Base Integra colors will be on offer with Tiger Eye Pearl being a new one since that’s a Type S exclusive. Wish we would get Legacy colors like Aztec Green Pearl but one could hope.
I don’t care how ugly Acura thinks it is, but I’d love to get Tiger Eye Pearl with red interior. So far you can only get the black or white interior with Tiger Eye Pearl on the TLX. 😑

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
As someone that works in marketing / advertising / design I agree. Honda/Acura have always had a marketing issue. Either uncreative and boring, non-existent, or just downright bad when they do actually try to inject some personality. Honda doesn't advertise much... they've not really ever had to in the last 3-4 decades, the cars sell themselves... but if they ever want Acura to actually be able to stand on its own two legs as a serious option in the premium segment rather than being relegated to fans of the brand or clueless shoppers that wander in a see a decent price for a premium vehicle, they need to really invest in marketing & visibility for all their cars.... I see a few ads from time to time for their crossovers... lately it's been showing off the Type S MDX and NSX. But their marketing for the TLX and Integra are almost non-existent. And what ads they do run for any of their cars are generic and unoriginal to say the least. (ex. jump shots of cars on racetrack, like that hasn't been done a million times before)

I said this about the CR-Z back in the day... which by my own opinion was not as bad of a car as many made it out to be, it was a fun little go cart to drive, not super fast, but certainly fun to drive being so small and light as it was. But honda did basically ZERO marketing of that vehicle... to the point that anyone outside of the Honda fanboys or CRX veterans never even heard of it. Hell, when I was in college I did so many conceptual ad campaigns for that car that would've been better than anything honda ever did for it.

Honda may have been able to rest on their laurels that their cars would sell themselves for a long while.. but with competition from the korean brands and even Toyota overtaking them in sporty offerings, they're doing very little to draw in NEW customers and enthusiasts, but at the same time, myself as a huge honda loyalist has been generally unimpressed and let down by their most recent new offerings compared to the previous generation that really just wowed in every category, newest models all come across very "dialed in" like they're just putting out products to hold them over until electrification really takes hold.
Especially this time of year. Lexus does the funny ads which families gifting cars with snow and giant bows. Mercedes has the Santa ads. They have “sales events”. Shit even Nissan has Brie Larson. I think I’ve seen 2 Acura commercials ever and they are instantly forgettable.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Especially this time of year. Lexus does the funny ads which families gifting cars with snow and giant bows. Mercedes has the Santa ads. They have “sales events”. Shit even Nissan has Brie Larson. I think I’ve seen 2 Acura commercials ever and they are instantly forgettable.
I saw this one and it's not bad. I was hoping they slip in some Teggy TypeS clips...

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The anime overlay stuff is cool to me. But anyone who isn’t a Honda fanboy or 40+ doesn’t give a crap. They need commercials with big houses and rich families in the snow who buy an Acura as a casual Christmas gift for their spouse.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
The anime overlay stuff is cool to me. But anyone who isn’t a Honda fanboy or 40+ doesn’t give a crap. They need commercials with big houses and rich families in the snow who buy an Acura as a casual Christmas gift for their spouse.
I'm not a Honda fanboy and i turn 40 next month :(

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I'm not a fanboy either and will be 61 in a few days. That ad isn't bad, but like a lot of commercials these days I'm not a fan of the almost seizure inducing quick cuts that don't really let you see anything. I always wonder what the manufacturer is trying to hide, when I see ads like this.