• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remote start for manuals?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Just curious if anyone has installed any aftermarket remote start systems to their manual transmission Integra & if so what are they & your experiences with them? Thanks!

OP
OP
bpebler

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
By the way, these DO exist. Just wanted to see if anyone has installed them on this platform yet. I plan on adding one to the Type S.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
I had one years ago on my Civic. If I remember correctly, they had to disable the clutch pedal (start) to make it work. It was a bit finicky at times, especially if the engine was hot/cold. Once I got in car, it would turn off and I would have to restart. That was on an 2003 Civic with a physical key. I think it was a Viper system or similar.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I reachedout to one of the popular remote start manufacturers. It is possible but they don't offer a plung-in play harness yet. I don't want to cut into the factory harness.

OP
OP
bpebler

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Yeah, same here. Id prefer a plug & play or a certified installer if possible like they do with Ravelco anti theft. I guess itā€™s still early on for some of these items to be made available.

Youā€™re right @JC-RH , thereā€™s basically an ā€œexit strategyā€ in order to get the remote start to work. I maybe wouldnā€™t want one if it was finicky. Hopefully theyā€™ve progressed.

I really will only use it for those long parking lot walks when going to the store & things like that before too long, more so when I have my wife & kids with me.

Iā€™m going from a job where I drive 55k+ per year to working from home. Fortunately I live in an area off of a ton of some very fun back roads, so Iā€™m still going to have to schedule an AM & PM ā€œspirited commuteā€ loop back to the house after some coffee. šŸ˜Ž

SKL

First Name
See
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I can see the benefits of remote start, esp. if in cold climates where you can set the heater prior to shutting off the car.
But I don't think this can be done with our climate controls, can it?
Honestly though, seeing how quickly this 1.5 warms up, I can't justify the cost of adding remote start and then having to hacking into the factory wiring.

OP
OP
bpebler

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Iā€™m not sure how the HVAC would function. My other vehicles would either come on how I left it or now they actually sense ambient conditions & make adjustments to the temp, blower speed, & heated/ventilated seats.

Iā€™m getting older & spoiled myself on creature comforts the last few years. Surely that has something to do with it. šŸ˜†

I donā€™t want to mess with factory wiring either, but if itā€™s correct & part of the install without a harness - no biggie. We can still do a correct & clean install. Iā€™ve been doing that for a very long time with no issues. Definitely gets more difficult as the cars get newer & more electronically complicated.