• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PRL's "Throwback" Front Strut Bar installed

kestryn

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec + Tech / White / Orchid
I just installed PRL's "Throwback" Front Strut Bar on my A-Spec w/ Tech package. It was pretty straight forward. I will take some photos and post them tomorrow morning when sunlight is my illuminator.

I don't think it's my imagination when I say it makes a noticeable difference in the handling... tighter/more stiff front end is my perception. I think I'll keep it in place.

Link to the part: 2023+ Acura Integra "Throwback" Front Strut Bar - PRL Motorsports

A couple of lessons learned:
- In PRL's installation instructions, they make pretty clear to torque the three-per-side nuts atop the front dampers/struts to the factory specs. However, later in the document, they list a "recommended torque spec" of 17 ft-lbs. This is for the nuts on the struts own interconnecting bolts, NOT for the damper/strut-to-body nuts.
- Honda's online service portal specifies 51 ft-lbs as the torque spec for my 2023 Integra for the strut-to-body nuts. (see attached)​
- PRL's instructions mention preventing contact between an evaporator line and the strut bar, and between the strut bar and some of the main battery connect wires. I suppose this is to prevent frictional wear on those lines/wires from the strut bar. The A-Spec + Tech has a lot of stuff wired to the battery, and I had to remove some binding material from some of my negative-terminal battery wires and I used gaffer's tape to lay them flat under the strut bar. Still, it was near impossible to prevent contact. I will keep an eye on them and if necessary run longer lengths of battery cables later.
- Speaking of the Battery - know that if you do install this strut bar, if you ever have to replace the battery, you will definitely have to remove the strut bar to do so. So... I suppose if you are going on a long road trip in your Integra, you might need to bring a breaker bar, 14mm socket, extension, and Torque Wrench so the road-side assistance dude doesn't blow a headgasket. :D

View attachment 1120_3.0_enu_17488096_2.0.pdf

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Did you ever get any pics of it installed? Particularly how you did the battery cables?

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
My tech installed mine and actually ran the ground cable over the stop of the bar so that there would be no contact beneath it over miles which could cause problems. He also pointed out that the most medial bolt is shorter and not as many threads to tighten down the bar. I will watch mine for any loosening or other issues. Otherwise happy with the install.

IMG_0264.jpeg

IMG_0261.jpeg