• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Potential buyer, tuning questions

smc540

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Subaru WRX
Hey everyone,

I currently own and enjoy a 2021 WRX, and I've been eyeballing a A-Spec Tech 6MT Integra, but I had some questions on tuning/modifying. I'm currently talking with a dealer who is offering me a pretty good deal on my trade, but I've never owned a Honda/Acura before, so modding on this side of things is all new to me.

First, how reliable are the OTS tunes from Hondata/KTuner/etc.? Nothing crazy, just looking for a modest power bump with minimal modifications. On the WRX side, OTS tunes are hit/miss. For some they work great, for others you end up with rod knock or other issues. It seems like the clutch is the weakest link for these cars, so if I were to keep power under say 250wtq, are they typically reliable?

I'm not looking to make huge power or anything like that. But if I can get the Integra output to be closer to the output of the WRX (stock is around 230whp), I'd be happy.

Thanks everyone!

KTuner

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Car(s)
2017 Si

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Hey everyone,

I currently own and enjoy a 2021 WRX, and I've been eyeballing a A-Spec Tech 6MT Integra, but I had some questions on tuning/modifying. I'm currently talking with a dealer who is offering me a pretty good deal on my trade, but I've never owned a Honda/Acura before, so modding on this side of things is all new to me.

First, how reliable are the OTS tunes from Hondata/KTuner/etc.? Nothing crazy, just looking for a modest power bump with minimal modifications. On the WRX side, OTS tunes are hit/miss. For some they work great, for others you end up with rod knock or other issues. It seems like the clutch is the weakest link for these cars, so if I were to keep power under say 250wtq, are they typically reliable?

I'm not looking to make huge power or anything like that. But if I can get the Integra output to be closer to the output of the WRX (stock is around 230whp), I'd be happy.

Thanks everyone!
I actually had a 2018 wrx that was tuned and now have a 2023 acura ktuned. Both cars have had no issues in terms of tuning, just hated the jumpy throttle on my wrx, and the crunchy gearbox. I'm currently running 22psi tune on my integra without any issues for about 500 miles or so. I'm going to do a video hopefully by this week discussing my tuning experience and the settings I use and recommend

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I’ve been running the 23psi Phearable tune for 2000 miles. So far so good (knock on wood).