• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
These cars don’t have a vin as they are pre production specs
Many pre productions still get VINs. Sometimes they even end up accidentally for sale. There are a few PP BOSS and Shelby Mustangs running round in peoples collections. In fact there is a single red Bullitt in existence that was a test mule and somehow ended up for sale.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Car(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
I would like to put my dog crate inside the hedge and see if it can shut
Take the crate to the show lol and just be like "yo can I check something really quick" haha

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Car(s)
Now I just imagine a line of people waiting to get into the show carrying all sorts of items to see how they fit in the trunk lol
70" TVs, A Honda Ruckus, Fish tank, just all the goodies.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
So DE4 is the chassis/generation name.
I admit I didn’t do any research before I asked my original question, but per Wikipedia, DD1/2 is the Honda Brio, a subcompact smaller than the Fit sold in SE Asia. DE1/2/3 is the ILX. I think this is just further confirmation that despite Acura marketing, the new Integra is just a new ILX. Different engines typically result in a different chassis code, so a 2.0T ITS could be a DE5 which I think sounds too similar to DC5.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
I think this is just further confirmation that despite Acura marketing, the new Integra is just a new ILX.
For the RSX was it as common to say its just an Integra? or the ILX being just an RSX? I haven't been paying attention to cars long enough to know.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
For the RSX was it as common to say its just an Integra? or the ILX being just an RSX? I haven't been paying attention to cars long enough to know.
The RSX literally was an integra, it was sold in Japan as the Honda Integra. The ILX didn't have the same connection, but followed much of the same formula (civic based, Si engine, etc) but minus most of the sportier character of the RSX/Integras past. The new Integra is definitely a kind of melting pot of the two ethos IMO... it's a little bit Integra and a little bit ILX, but probably more integra ethos than the ILX ever was.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Car(s)

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I admit I didn’t do any research before I asked my original question, but per Wikipedia, DD1/2 is the Honda Brio, a subcompact smaller than the Fit sold in SE Asia. DE1/2/3 is the ILX. I think this is just further confirmation that despite Acura marketing, the new Integra is just a new ILX. Different engines typically result in a different chassis code, so a 2.0T ITS could be a DE5 which I think sounds too similar to DC5.
The RSX literally was an integra, it was sold in Japan as the Honda Integra. The ILX didn't have the same connection, but followed much of the same formula (civic based, Si engine, etc) but minus most of the sportier character of the RSX/Integras past. The new Integra is definitely a kind of melting pot of the two ethos IMO... it's a little bit Integra and a little bit ILX, but probably more integra ethos than the ILX ever was.
ILX is to Integra as Del Sol is to CRX… a direct descendant where Honda completely lost their mojo.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
ILX is to Integra as Del Sol is to CRX… a direct descendant where Honda completely lost their mojo.
The hard top convertible Del Sol was pretty cool.
Friends GF had a Del Sol, it was actually a fun car with how small it was, just a bit heavy, it felt like it was trying to be a 2 door, open top Civic with a more upscale, almost Acura feel to it, but just didn't go all the way, nor was it really what people really wanted as the rest of that market was Miata, and MR2. I think they felt if they had the only "sensible" FWD version people would love it, as the CRX was really oddly over lapped with the 2 door Integra and Civic so they wanted the Del Sol to separate itself more and justify its existence, in the end, like the CRX there really wasn't much reason for it to exist. If a person wanted small sporty coupe they went Miata, and if they wanted a sensible 2door they went Civic coupe or similar.

OP
OP
Potenza

Potenza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RL
This is where the chassis codes come into play. After a few generations of Integra, it's harder to just say "I drive an Integra," because that doesn't specify. So people would start saying "I have a DC2."

When the RSX was introduced, I personally never heard anyone call it an Integra, but many people would say "DC5." So that was its Integra link in the US. It was either RSX or DC5, both of which immediately identified it.

The ILX was always just the ILX. If you said you had a DE3, no one would even know what you're talking about haha.

But with the new Integra returning to a long-running name, it will likely make the chassis code important again. You own which Integra? DB7? DE4?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The RSX being a dc5 and the dc5 in Japan being called an Integra is what justified RSX owners to be able to claim they drove an Integra if they wanted to. But the de3 ilx. There was never a de3 Integra. So it was always just an ILX.

I don’t think anyone ever considered it an Integra successor or even an RSX successor even though it used the same dna logic.

For the 2023 de4, since it’s actually called an Integra, it will obviously be considered an Integra.

There was never a dc3 Integra though. So The ILX being a 3 and a non integra makes sense. The new integra being a 4 (even though DE like the ILX) fits with past chassis codes. There was also no 6 in the Integra life as they changed the C to a B for the four door. Since there will most likely never be a 2 door again, DE will be the only code for now. I assume the type s will be a DE5. Historically, numbers changed with the motor. Except for the RSX. The base and type s were both DC5’s. So the new type s could possibly also be a DE4.

DC1 - SOHC NON VTEC Integra Hatch
DC2 - Vtec Integra 1994-2001
DC4 - non Vtec Integras 1994-2001
DC5 - DOHC i-VTEC Integra Hatch

DB7 - 4 Door non Vtec Integras 1994-2001
DB8 - 4 Door Vtec Integras 1994-2001

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Big question now is the motor code. The new Si is the L15CA.

OP
OP
Potenza

Potenza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RL
^ Not far off, but your theorizing part is missing that the ILX did actually come in DE1 and DE2 codes as well! Personally I don't think the engineers put as much thought into the codes as we enthusiasts do, haha. As you noted, sometimes the "rules" change. Still, they're fun to know. ?