• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Passenger Speaker Area Noise/Vibration

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Civic Type R/23 Integra 6spd
Woof,
This seems unacceptable!
I don't even know where to begin with this. I don't think its the speaker as I felt I got it to stop when pushing down on the grill speaker cover. So I beleive it to be vibration. But that also has such a distinct blown speaker type of buzz or "static".

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
i don't know on this, i'm having a little rattle that sounds close to that in about the same area, not as loud
but just as troublesome, i haven't been able to check it out real close, it comes and goes, i don't think mine
is a blown speaker,

OP
OP
Wheats027

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think this may be the culprit…
The silver mesh cover is a separate piece from the rest of the silver trim and I think their normal clip style connections cause vibration. I took mine apart and put some double sides tape in locations that looked like it would tighten up the tension between the two pieces. Too soon to tell if its stopped the rattle.
Need more driving, especially in colder weather.
95577F40-CFD1-4692-9BF8-57AACF89BFC1.jpeg

837ACAE9-53B4-4B3B-9ED6-9DFC02C4E3F3.jpeg

C690D718-1FDD-43B7-9E29-D7D1AC7CDE25.jpeg

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Does it go away when you open the door? I’m trying to fix one and the same location - only occurs on a small portion of songs. I think the door panel vibrates against the side of the dash where they meet. If I unlatch/ open the passenger door it stops.

OP
OP
Wheats027

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Does it go away when you open the door? I’m trying to fix one and the same location - only occurs on a small portion of songs. I think the door panel vibrates against the side of the dash where they meet. If I unlatch/ open the passenger door it stops.
Interesting, it hasn’t rattled since I taped up the inside. It could be hitting what you are talking about, but if I stopped it from vibrating woukd still probably cure that

Tylershuman07

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Hello there. Do you mind saying how you removed these pieces? And where exactly you put the tape to fix the issue?

thanks

OP
OP
Wheats027

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hello there. Do you mind saying how you removed these pieces? And where exactly you put the tape to fix the issue?

thanks
You can see the door panel removal here at 36:40

I taped around the areas where the clip in pieces hold together. I just used the tape to create pressure/tension between the two silver pieces so they can't rattle on one another. You gotta just take a look at it.

It has definently worked. If the driver side one starts acting up, I will go in there and try to get some pics.

Tylershuman07

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can see the door panel removal here at 36:40

I taped around the areas where the clip in pieces hold together. I just used the tape to create pressure/tension between the two silver pieces so they can't rattle on one another. You gotta just take a look at it.

It has definently worked. If the driver side one starts acting up, I will go in there and try to get some pics.
Thanks, much appreciated. Going to pick up some tape today and knock it out tomorrow.

Stars

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Woof,
This seems unacceptable!
I don't even know where to begin with this. I don't think its the speaker as I felt I got it to stop when pushing down on the grill speaker cover. So I beleive it to be vibration. But that also has such a distinct blown speaker type of buzz or "static".
Hey did you figure this out? I just got my Integra and I noticed the exact same noise though mine wasn’t as bad as yours. So I listened around my car and I noticed that every time I put the visor down, the noise stopped! Seems like the visor is clacking against the top of the car and because of the echo, it makes the rattle sound like it’s coming from the speaker area. But it’s not!! Try pushing your visor as closed as you can or open the visor when you hear the noise to see if the noise stops. Then you’ll know for sure if it’s the visor. If it is, I’m thinking it’s an easy thing to fix. Let me know if I helped!!

Tylershuman07

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I took the passenger door panel off of my car four separate times and taped up various things with felt tape. Each time the noise still didn’t go away. So I had my girlfriend ride in the passenger seat and listen for the noise. She stated she was hearing it come from the drivers side of the car. I thought she was crazy because I was 100% sure it’s coming from the passenger side. Then I realized that since she’s hearing it from the drivers side and I’m hearing it from the passenger side it must be in between us. So I start messing with opening and closing the sunroof but that didn’t stop the rattle at all. Then I realized that I have sunglasses in the built-in sunglasses holder next to the overhead lights. I took the sunglasses out of the holder and the rattle immediately went away and hasn’t come back. Turns out it was just my plastic sunglasses rattling the whole time.

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
yes the sunglass holder does vibrate/rattle, it did it on my 2015 TLX also, quite a pain in the ass, somtimes it gets
so that keep it open to stop rattle, i'v thought of puting some kind of cloth in there to stop it, the passenger speaker
cover is the problem with mt rattle, also the drivers seat belt ratles sometimes,

enjay4553

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 2018 Mazda 3 GT, 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
I've noticed the stupid seat belt tags rattle. Def. not what OP is experiencing but it was an annoyance at first until I realized what exactly was going on.

Jairoo707

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
I think this may be the culprit…
The silver mesh cover is a separate piece from the rest of the silver trim and I think their normal clip style connections cause vibration. I took mine apart and put some double sides tape in locations that looked like it would tighten up the tension between the two pieces. Too soon to tell if its stopped the rattle.
Need more driving, especially in colder weather.
95577F40-CFD1-4692-9BF8-57AACF89BFC1.jpeg

837ACAE9-53B4-4B3B-9ED6-9DFC02C4E3F3.jpeg

C690D718-1FDD-43B7-9E29-D7D1AC7CDE25.jpeg
Just did this yesterday and the rattle seems to go away. Put some tape where the clips connect and just made everything more tight together. When I had the panel apart I did notice that it might be possible to take out the LED ambient light. I was thinking maybe I can take it out and put some red gel filter and tape it around the LED to make it another color instead of white. What do you think? Could this be possible?

9855E8D1-DAD5-48DD-8C27-D36D7FEE4D6E.png

Integrablue77

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-spec
Anyone else have a rattle in the steering wheel? I have rattles where OP had his, now in my steering wheel (I think the actual horn cover), the seat belt, and the drivers door all rattle too. I dont ever go on rough roads and I baby the car. Its really got some problems.