• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Now we wait for the Type-S Integra

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Not likely by much.
We already have leaked info the A-Spec will be 33-34K. AWD is $2,000 for the TLX that will put it at 35-36K. Gives about 4-5k wiggle room to fit the CTR engine. The 3.0TT is a $6,000 pkg for the TLX but also comes with Active dampeners that we don't know the Integra will get. So, the Type-S even with AWD could end up coming in JUST under 40K, but more likely the 40-42K range. This would put is as a slightly cheaper option to a base Audi S3 option. Same power, AWD, but a couple K less. It would give the Integra and 3 a similar relationship to the Si and GTi when it comes to price/performance.

What will come into play is if there will still be Technology or Premium Packages. That may drive it closer to 44K, but still priced to compete with the base S3.
I thought we subsequently heard that the “leak” was nothing of the sort. Just someone playing around on the internet.

The TLX Type S was set up as an S4 competitor. They even had an S4 at the launch for comparison, so you may be on to something looking at the S3 as an Integra Type S benchmark. Audi starts at $45k but has standard AWD (but lacks many other features) so maybe more like $42k for an Integra Type S if it remains FWD. Have trouble believing it comes in under $40k and it might price nearer the base Audi than you think (but with more features and Brembos etc. just like how Acura positioned the TLX).

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
We don’t know that the new CTR is 7” shorter than the integra. The wheel base is the same for all of them. The integra is only longer due to cosmetic stuff on the bumpers. The new CTR will have more bulk that the standard hatch. I’d imagine it only ends up a couple of inches shorter than the integra.
Is this confirmed that the Integra is 7” longer for just cosmetic bumpers, not increased trunk space or something? Cause that’s ridiculous if it’s 7” of bumper thickness.

OP
OP
bullitt

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I thought we subsequently heard that the “leak” was nothing of the sort. Just someone playing around on the internet.

The TLX Type S was set up as an S4 competitor. They even had an S4 at the launch for comparison, so you may be on to something looking at the S3 as an Integra Type S benchmark. Audi starts at $45k but has standard AWD (but lacks many other features) so maybe more like $42k for an Integra Type S if it remains FWD. Have trouble believing it comes in under $40k and it might price nearer the base Audi than you think (but with more features and Brembos etc. just like how Acura positioned the TLX).
From what I hear sites had to legally remove the info so that hints to it being real.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT

Different leak. The one that was fake was the dealer spec sheet. The one he’s referring to was from a market research thing Acura did.

If the S3 is $45k the type s can easily be under 40. Honda will want to undercut the competition by a lot.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Is this confirmed that the Integra is 7” longer for just cosmetic bumpers, not increased trunk space or something? Cause that’s ridiculous if it’s 7” of bumper thickness.
Since it’s based on the sedan but 2 inches longer, which is reasonable, that would imply the wheel base is the same. Which is the same as the hatch. So the extra length would have to come from bumpers. Keep in mind that is a measurement from the farthest point to point. One little cut can add inches. The angle of the rear bumper slope can add a few alone. 7” isn’t really a lot at all when spread out over an entire car. I wouldn’t consider my mustang big at all.

OP
OP
bullitt

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Since it’s based on the sedan but 2 inches longer, which is reasonable, that would imply the wheel base is the same. Which is the same as the hatch. So the extra length would have to come from bumpers. Keep in mind that is a measurement from the farthest point to point. One little cut can add inches. The angle of the rear bumper slope can add a few alone. 7” isn’t really a lot at all when spread out over an entire car. I wouldn’t consider my mustang big at all.
its only your 0.4in shorter than mine, I don't know HOW I manage to get around with a full 188.5in in tow and not just collide with everything.