• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I've no interest in an accord, cause it's huge. Mustang is huge but it's got a 6mT V8, so I can excuse it. The Civic doesn't have a V8.

If the Integra is really 5" longer than the new hatch, I'm not interested. The Type R is still on the table, as is the GR Corolla.
You have a very odd definition for huge. The integra is 3.2in longer than your current Si. Thats like the length of your finger lol

Also the mustang is barely larger than when it came out in 1964, and most of that's due to having to fit safety equipment.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
But it's all perspective. Cars back in the 60's and 70's were boats. The 1972 Plymouth Duster I drove was considered a small-ish car for it's time but it was nearly 189".

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
But it's all perspective. Cars back in the 60's and 70's were boats. The 1972 Plymouth Duster I drove was considered a small-ish car for it's time but it was nearly 189".
And my mustangs shorter than that lol.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not to go too far off subject but my dad had a '76 Coupe DeVille. Talk about big. It was 231" long... nearly 20 feet. I drove it once in a while and with 400 lb ft of torque it moved pretty well. Parallel parking was a different story. ;)

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
We had a 67' Monte Carlo my mom bought from her aunt. It was a show car. Black exterior, black interior, after market white wall tires. Super sharp. Insanely huge, the entirety of my 95 civic could've fit inside the engine bay of that thing.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
We had a 67' Monte Carlo my mom bought from her aunt. It was a show car. Black exterior, black interior, after market white wall tires. Super sharp. Insanely huge, the entirety of my 95 civic could've fit inside the engine bay of that thing.
Don't remind me... my first car was almost a 1st year Monte SS that had been my great grand fathers. 100% stock, very low miles, dark blue if I remember, just had a small dent in a door when a paint can fell on it. My dad wouldn't let my grandfather give it to me..... I remember crying while I was mowing a yard for $20 and seeing it drive past on a flat bed when it was sold... for a LAUGHABLY low price in todays market. I'm STILL pissed about that 22yrs later. I'll never be able to afford that car today.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Don't remind me... my first car was almost a 1st year Monte SS that had been my great grand fathers. 100% stock, very low miles, dark blue if I remember, just had a small dent in a door when a paint can fell on it. My dad wouldn't let my grandfather give it to me..... I remember crying while I was mowing a yard for $20 and seeing it drive past on a flat bed when it was sold... for a LAUGHABLY low price in todays market. I'm STILL pissed about that 22yrs later. I'll never be able to afford that car today.
I never even got to drive the Monte. I was just learning to drive back then, was 15-18 when we had the car and other than pulling it forward about 3 feet in the driveway one day I never got behind the wheel. I don't think it was so much the value of the car, but rather some of the issues it had that made my mom so afraid for me to drive it. The fuel would cut out on hills and corners which would just shut the engine off. The window seals needed replaced, plus the fact I'd never driven a RWD car before, Etc. I don't even remember who we sold it to... we tried giving back to some cousins, but they didn't want it... no idea how much we sold it for either.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
lol its still like 10in shorter than an Accord, and even shorter than my Mustang.
I was just going to say. It’s shorter than the mustang.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
You have a very odd definition for huge. The integra is 3.2in longer than your current Si. Thats like the length of your finger lol

Also the mustang is barely larger than when it came out in 1964, and most of that's due to having to fit safety equipment.
My Si is already annoyingly long. I liked my Sport hatch better in that respect.

There's just too many negatives piling up - 10th gen hatch looks better, but I'm ok with the 11th gen Civic hatch. But the Integra looks worse, costs more and is 5" longer - too many negatives.

If I stick with Honda it'll be the Type R, since I gotta have an LSD.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Let's do the math...

11th hatch... 179"

11th sedan... 184"

New Integra is said to be 2" longer than the sedan... so 186".

Conclusion. The Integra is 7" longer than the 11th hatch.
I assumed the 11th gen hatch was longer than 10th gen, but I guess not, although it's probably the lack of front and rear lip spoilers lol.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, it has an engine.
My Si is already annoyingly long. I liked my Sport hatch better in that respect.

There's just too many negatives piling up - 10th gen hatch looks betterOPINION, but I'm ok with the 11th gen Civic hatch. But the Integra looks worseOPINION, costs moreyeah no shit what did you expect? and is 5" longerMy DICK is longer than that size difference - too many negatives.

If I stick with Honda it'll be the Type R, since I gotta have an LSD.
You sound like the only things you find to be acceptable are something like the GT86 or Miata... so why not get those? You're going to have a hard time finding many things smaller that a Civic that's actually fun to drive. Even then I DARE you tell me what you do that you can even TELL you have 3 more inches of length.

If being 8in longer than a 1999 Integra sedan is to much for you I'd hate to see you in ANY modern car trying to park. Sounds more like you just want a reason to bitch and excuse not getting it to yourself. I can guarantee no one bitched the GT86 is 3-4in longer than an AE86.

Reactions: HKF

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You sound like the only things you find to be acceptable are something like the GT86 or Miata... so why not get those? You're going to have a hard time finding many things smaller that a Civic that's actually fun to drive. Even then I DARE you tell me what you do that you can even TELL you have 3 more inches of length.

If being 8in longer than a 1999 Integra sedan is to much for you I'd hate to see you in ANY modern car trying to park. Sounds more like you just want a reason to bitch and excuse not getting it to yourself. I can guarantee no one bitched the GT86 is 3-4in longer than an AE86.
Good attitude. o_O

Varmint was just voicing his opinion that he thought it might be a little smaller. What's wrong with that? It's just an opinion, right?

Tough crowd.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Good attitude. o_O

Varmint was just voicing his opinion that he thought it might be a little smaller. What's wrong with that? It's just an opinion, right?

Tough crowd.
I mean he really want expressing that he "thought it would be smaller" he was more complaining. that somehow Civics are borderline unusable due to their size and Integra's is impossible to live with. More nitpicking, odd as he was complaining about size but not at ALL about weight for someone that "needs an LSD"

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Lets see:
GTI is 17” shorter than Integra
Corolla hatch is 14” shorter
Elantra N is 2” shorter
Kona N is 20” shorter
New WRX is 5” shorter
Mazda 3 Turbo hatch is 10” shorter.

So no, GR86 is not the only option.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good attitude. o_O

Tough crowd.
Right, I don’t get why Hondas have to grow so much every generation. The Civic is already roomy with a huge trunk. Maybe nobody buys the Accord cause it’s huge. Everyone I know who owns an accord drives around by themselves. People who need a ton of space buy SUVs.