• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Gray Pearl
Lol it’s definitely not huge. Look at the videos of people walking around it. It’s smaller than the ILX.
The 2022 Civic Hatchback is 179" long and ~3100 LB. This will be very close to that, so not very large and smaller than the ILX.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
A fully spec’d ILX is $33,995 with destination. Add $2k for new car. Another $2k if you think you’re getting the BBK. (That will only be for Type S so don’t even need to worry about brakes). “Around $30k” will mean more like almost $31k plus destination.
Exactly. $34k for a fully loaded ILX. And this is smaller. There is no such thing as $2k for a new car lol. Maybe because it has new tech. But not just because it’s new. And even at $36k, that would be a fully loaded (non type s) integra based on your ILX example. So I’m not sure how you get $38k for only an A Spec in the previous post. That’s way off. “Around $30k” means 29,999.

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Its a study in blandness. There is nothing about it that makes me want to write a check. Maybe the driving experience will offset the mediocre styling?
Savagegeese gave the 2022 Civic Hatchback a very glowing review, which I imagine this will drive even better than that, so it has very good "bones" on which it is based.

Reactions: HKF

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Its a study in blandness. There is nothing about it that makes me want to write a check. Maybe the driving experience will offset the mediocre styling?
Compared to the 40 pointless huge fake vents on the 10th Gen Civic, I find this style VERY welcome.

I have NO idea what people expected as everyone that had watched the leaks and spyshots KNEW it was going to be a Civic Hatch based car with the SI drivetrain. Far as I'm concerned anyone "disapointed" by now just clearly wasnt paying attention to reality.

Also LUL at the people trying to sound cool about how they arent going to trade in a 3-5Gen old car because this isnt "worth it" to them. Odds are they dont have the $$$ for it anyway.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I personally like it. The design of it is very clean but gives that emotion that other Acura products have while standing still. I will say that the Yellow isn’t my favourite but I understand why they did it. I love the headlights and the taillights and I’m actually for those that want the 6 speed manual with the 1.5T. Also around $30k is the right pricing scheme.

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I personally like it. The design of it is very clean but gives that emotion that other Acura products have while standing still. I will say that the Yellow isn’t my favourite but I understand why they did it. I love the headlights and the taillights and I’m actually for those that want the 6 speed manual with the 1.5T. Also around $30k is the right pricing scheme.
I agree it is a very clean design. Nobody is buying cars now and moving to SUVs, so they can't go crazy on the price. The big unknown is the auto transmission. If they put a CVT in it, I think that would be a very major mistake. DCT or regular auto is needed.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I agree it is a very clean design. Nobody is buying cars now and moving to SUVs, so they can't go crazy on the price. The big unknown is the auto transmission. If they put a CVT in it, I think that would be a very major mistake. DCT or regular auto is needed.
I think the reason why they didn’t say anything about the Auto is because they want they want to debut it closer to reveal. It’s more then like the 8 Speed DCT that they have been working on. I know Acura/Honda and what it seems like they want this to be more premium compared to the Civic.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Sedan Touring
What I caught was that it was a VTEC 1.5 turbo.. pretty sure the 10th gen Si has no VTEC
The 11th gen si has vtec exhaust as well.
Actually, the 1.5T from the GenXI forward has exhaust VTEC, Si or not.

Well my guess of Luxury Si for about 30k was dead on point.

I feel like anyone expecting a coupe, 2.0T, or anything else was clearly not paying attention to the leaks and leadups info.
Hope springs eternal.

It’s obviously based on the Civic, didn’t we all know that?
But if you think it’s a Civic hatch with different front and rear design then please go get your eyes checked.
Yes but this is insanely similar to the Civic other than the front and rear clip. Side profile is a MASSIVE hard lock on same same. Sorry but I own a 22 Sedan and the front on this new Integra is a freaking fraternal twin to the max.

More like SI plus Touring(29k), so price lines up closely.
If it is the interior (or more) that I have in my Sedan Touring AND the performance setup (or better HP not withstanding) of the new Si, then MAYBE worth it? The problem for folks like me in Canada, is that an Accord Sport 2.0T will be the same price as this Integra. So really, I would go Accord but I am also coming up on 50 so I am entering "boomer" territory.

What worries me the most is the AT powertrain. 180hp CVT straight out of a Civic would be a dealbreaker for me.
Well, I have the 22 Sedan Touring and the powertrain is not at all bad for all but the very most aggressive driving so if they went 200/200 with a mildly strengthened CVT, it would not be the end of the world. However, I do agree that either an 8 speed DCT or their 10 speed auto should be used if it isn't a 6 manual. And regardless, ALL should have LSDs. Not having an LSD on ANY Acura seems... dumb.

Lol it’s definitely not huge. Look at the videos of people walking around it. It’s smaller than the ILX.
Dude, it is a baby Accord Hatch. They are big. The only diff compared to the sedan is the butt is a little shorter.

The driving needs to be REALLY silly good though as I am VERY happy with my 22 Sedan Touring and I still have the factory rubber on the wheels.

Compared to the 40 pointless huge fake vents on the 10th Gen Civic, I find this style VERY welcome.

I have NO idea what people expected as everyone that had watched the leaks and spyshots KNEW it was going to be a Civic Hatch based car with the SI drivetrain. Far as I'm concerned anyone "disapointed" by now just clearly wasnt paying attention to reality.

Also LUL at the people trying to sound cool about how they arent going to trade in a 3-5Gen old car because this isnt "worth it" to them. Odds are they dont have the $$$ for it anyway.
I loved the shape of my old Civic but the fake vents were stupid. I don't hate the softer lines of my new 22 but I would have liked the rear treatment on the Touring trim that the Si and Hatch Touring get.

And ya, anyone with a bonkers old car as their only car is trying to flex.

Now for my overall take...

Not at all a BAD car and I expect it will be a fine car. But for what they are trying to hype? Nope. If they are REALLY serious, then they drop the ILX COMPLETELY and make the Integra line the Acura'd Civic, FULLY. Meaning that they roll out a sedan version, keep this hatch version going and then have a serious step up on trim interior for all of them. LSD in all of them. Available DCT or GOOD AT in all of them. (Type S SH-AWD would be freaking wicked if they also tossed in the 2.0T from the CTR or Accord)

I was not a massive fan of the overall exterior design of the 22 Civic but now that I have owned one for 3 months, man, ya. It is a FAR superior car to the GenX. You can argue looks or this or that singular little thing here or there but as a total package, it is just excellent. When the only thing I can gripe about after 3 months is the always poor design choices for the center console and people's phones (Everyone gets this wrong), it is a damned fine car. So considering that the Integra is a Civic, it will indeed be a damned fine car. It, however, is NOT an Integra in anything but name.

I may be signing over my 22 to my son once he finishes college so I am definitely looking and watching now. We got the 22 as he wrote off the 2017. I cross shopped the Civic Sedan Touring vs the Accord and the price diff was not worth it. But, if I am soon gonna have my "mid life crisis", well, I would be willing to go up in price for sure :p But I could also get bit by the truck bug so only time will tell.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
The Accord was dead to me when they killed BOTH the coupe and manual. So that's not even on my radar. There are 3 things I like in my cars. Coupes, Manual and AWD. You can kill 2 but if you take away all 3 you've lost my interest and my money.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
They might've tweaked the overall housing shape for the HVAC controls, but they look VERY similar... probably the exact same knobs and overall layout, just with shape differences to account for the grab bar connecting the dash to the shifter area. Not a bad thing, reviewers rave about the HVAC controls in the new civic.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
They might've tweaked the overall housing shape for the HVAC controls, but they look VERY similar... probably the exact same knobs and overall layout, just with shape differences to account for the grab bar connecting the dash to the shifter area. Not a bad thing, reviewers rave about the HVAC controls in the new civic.
I loved it when I reviewed the Hatchback. I will say though remember the Integra was actually developed in Japan along side the Sedan/Hatchback models.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
So I went to reference some comments from the spy shots to make a point about the reveal... but turns out I cant.... Admins wiped the threads of their comments for some reaosn..... fun. Really odd thing to do instead of just Locking them.