• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My offer to Acura dealers

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I am willing to leave a deposit now, for a car to arrive after the June release of the initial 200.

I am not interested in one of those cars as I won't be ready to purchase until December.

So my offer has been this, If a dealer will promise me a car at MSRP in December when I am ready, (Even if that means putting in an allocation request and then having to wait a few weeks or even months for the car to arrive) is fine with me, as long as it is at MSRP, then if they are willing to commit to that, I will commit to purchasing up to $2k in dealer accessories or add Ons at the point of sale.

So they get to sell over sticker, the dealership does good, the salesperson does good and me, the customer feels good about it, too.
I believe any deal is only good if it is good for all parties involved, it f it is not good for everyone, then it is a bad deal.
This is the best compromise I can think of for all parties to be satisfied with themselves and the deal and nobody loses.
Ive reached out to two dealerships who say they will talk to their sales managers and let me know what they think.
Another dealer incentive in my case is my wife also wants an RDX, so I can use that as leverage also, treat me right and we may have 100k$ in sales for you.

lz23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
I am willing to leave a deposit now, for a car to arrive after the June release of the initial 200.

I am not interested in one of those cars as I won't be ready to purchase until December.

So my offer has been this, If a dealer will promise me a car at MSRP in December when I am ready, (Even if that means putting in an allocation request and then having to wait a few weeks or even months for the car to arrive) is fine with me, as long as it is at MSRP, then if they are willing to commit to that, I will commit to purchasing up to $2k in dealer accessories or add Ons at the point of sale.

So they get to sell over sticker, the dealership does good, the salesperson does good and me, the customer feels good about it, too.
I believe any deal is only good if it is good for all parties involved, it f it is not good for everyone, then it is a bad deal.
This is the best compromise I can think of for all parties to be satisfied with themselves and the deal and nobody loses.
Ive reached out to two dealerships who say they will talk to their sales managers and let me know what they think.
Another dealer incentive in my case is my wife also wants an RDX, so I can use that as leverage also, treat me right and we may have 100k$ in sales for you.
I put a depsit down last week that is refundable subject to test drive.I got the car for MSRP but had to take all weather floor mats and ceramic coating which came to 1595.00.They would not budge on these two things.I was told they have a total of 7 cars coming this year.They still could not guarante one of those would be white so had to give 2nd color option which would be LCM.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I put a deposit down last week that is refundable subject to test drive. I got the car for MSRP but had to take all weather floor mats and ceramic coating which came to 1595.00.They would not budge on these two things. I was told they have a total of 7 cars coming this year. They still could not guarantee one of those would be white so had to give 2nd color option which would be LCM.
I would take that deaal 100%
you mean fofr the Type S right?
Where is your dealer? which state?
I would make a deal like, anything up to 2k$ in add Ons is fine with me, I would do some of it anyway to be honest and if it gets the deal done then so be it.
I am not going to try to make a deal until December when I have buying power, and 25 to 35$k in cash, in hand, only then will it matter, who has what cars, Ill fly out of state to buy a car and drive it back with a temp tag on it and then reg it here when I get home, I've done it before and it was never an issue.

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
I put a depsit down last week that is refundable subject to test drive.I got the car for MSRP but had to take all weather floor mats and ceramic coating which came to 1595.00.They would not budge on these two things.I was told they have a total of 7 cars coming this year.They still could not guarante one of those would be white so had to give 2nd color option which would be LCM.
That's a great deal honestly. Both of my local dealers want $900 for locking lug nuts, all weather mats and mud flaps if you get one of the first 200. If not, it's those accessories +$5000 ADM :/

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
That's a great deal honestly. Both of my local dealers want $900 for locking lug nuts, all weather mats and mud flaps if you get one of the first 200. If not, it's those accessories +$5000 ADM :/
I’m surprised (but shouldn’t be surprised) that dealers have the audacity to charge ADM or forced accessories for any of the “first 200” cars. You gave them the privilege of being chosen as the dealer you want to work with after securing one of the online orders, and they’re cramming a forced $900 package down your throat?

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
I’m surprised (but shouldn’t be surprised) that dealers have the audacity to charge ADM or forced accessories for any of the “first 200” cars. You gave them the privilege of being chosen as the dealer you want to work with after securing one of the online orders, and they’re cramming a forced $900 package down your throat?
Yup. It's crazy. Not sure how they are allowed to do that. But I'll pay that over choosing a dealer hours away. Realistically would buy the mats and mud flaps anyways—I'm more unhappy on principle.

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
The dealers certainly win big when selling at MSRP. There is no need for them to sell extra BS at huge markups.