• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My Integra w/A Spec & Tech package in Platinum White - Video

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
I made a video to show the car! No additional accessories. Installed a car seat. I got the car yesterday from the dealership. About 100 miles on the car after 1 day of ownership.

OP
OP
Linas19

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There was plenty of space in the 2nd row for a installing a front facing car seat.

OP
OP
Linas19

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am surprised that there is not gear indicator on the dashboard or the heads up display. It would be useful atleast in the beginning or when you are cruising and haven’t changed gears in a while. The Mazda 3 displays the gear soon after shifting and suggests gear changes based on speed.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I am surprised that there is not gear indicator on the dashboard or the heads up display. It would be useful atleast in the beginning or when you are cruising and haven’t changed gears in a while. The Mazda 3 displays the gear soon after shifting and suggests gear changes based on speed.
IIRC 10th gen Type R had gear indicator and it was very useful. All the other manual cars I’ve driven at least had the “shift to this gear now” feature so it’s kinda disappointing to hear that the new teggy doesn’t have it.
But then I was 100% fine without it 15 years ago so I don’t know lol

OP
OP
Linas19

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IIRC 10th gen Type R had gear indicator and it was very useful. All the other manual cars I’ve driven at least had the “shift to this gear now” feature so it’s kinda disappointing to hear that the new teggy doesn’t have it.
But then I was 100% fine without it 15 years ago so I don’t know lol
I drove a manual Honda Civic 12 years ago. As I drive the Integra, I have to periodically look at the shifter to see what gear I am in. I want to be able to create a correlation in my mind between the gear, rpm, and the speed. Having a gear indicator in the dash would speed up that learning process.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
This is going to make me sound like a jerk... but I'm one of those who actually likes that there isn't a gear indicator. Is that just me? I learned manual on a dirtbike when gear indicators weren't a thing, and think there's value in learning to identify the gear based on RPM and speed. I suppose a third pedal is already a significant barrier to entry to stop many people from learning a 6 speed, maybe the gear indicator isn't the feature that will open manuals to the masses.

One benefit of a stick, especially one with very small, tight gates like a Honda/Acura, in my experience, you quickly learn to tell the gear based on the angle of the shifter in your palm. Until/unless you swap the knob, at least.

My favorite benefit of learning manual on a dirtbike? Stalling a car might shake you up a bit, but stall a motorcycle and it just might fall on you. Pop the clutch with enough gas? Enjoy doing a wheelie. I'm a "trial by fire" kind of person... also a very bad teacher, if you couldn't tell by anything I've already said here. 😆

Willy05

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra MT 2023, BMW i4 M50
Picked up our White MT same as above on June 6. Wife's car - a surprise for her. Drives better than her 2018 Si, which we're giving to grandson. Very pleased so far. Dealer - Park Ave Acura in Rochelle Park, NJ has been great. Ordered day 1. Very few nitpiks. I agree gear should show in dash - even for manual. Interface for USB drives is a bit primitive - was better on the Si. I set the auto shut off off when i drive it (I saved individual mode for myself. We've been driving MT cars forever. Have an EV on order....

OP
OP
Linas19

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is going to make me sound like a jerk... but I'm one of those who actually likes that there isn't a gear indicator. Is that just me? I learned manual on a dirtbike when gear indicators weren't a thing, and think there's value in learning to identify the gear based on RPM and speed. I suppose a third pedal is already a significant barrier to entry to stop many people from learning a 6 speed, maybe the gear indicator isn't the feature that will open manuals to the masses.

One benefit of a stick, especially one with very small, tight gates like a Honda/Acura, in my experience, you quickly learn to tell the gear based on the angle of the shifter in your palm. Until/unless you swap the knob, at least.

My favorite benefit of learning manual on a dirtbike? Stalling a car might shake you up a bit, but stall a motorcycle and it just might fall on you. Pop the clutch with enough gas? Enjoy doing a wheelie. I'm a "trial by fire" kind of person... also a very bad teacher, if you couldn't tell by anything I've already said here. 😆
😂 we have different perspectives. I test drove the Mazda 3 manual about 12 years after I had sold my Civic manual and within minutes was able to feel comfortable. Maybe because the Mazda 3 had 200 miles and had sat on the lot for 2.5 months, the shifts were much smoother. I am sure the shifts will get better with time on the Integra.

OP
OP
Linas19

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Picked up our White MT same as above on June 6. Wife's car - a surprise for her. Drives better than her 2018 Si, which we're giving to grandson. Very pleased so far. Dealer - Park Ave Acura in Rochelle Park, NJ has been great. Ordered day 1. Very few nitpiks. I agree gear should show in dash - even for manual. Interface for USB drives is a bit primitive - was better on the Si. I set the auto shut off off when i drive it (I saved individual mode for myself. We've been driving MT cars forever. Have an EV on order....
Your grandson is fortunate to have VTEC grandparents!

OP
OP
Linas19

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was able to upgrade my NFT! It’s basically a small video with a unique combination of background elements and car design elements.
A5DDF699-184A-431B-9182-A59B489B1EAE.jpeg

F33B3543-1BC9-4225-A26E-3889270C8D32.jpeg

OP
OP
Linas19

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here is a list of the background elements and car design elements unique to my NFT.
3ABEF664-3381-4C9C-A72D-1683E3449EBB.jpeg

OP
OP
Linas19

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I will summarize the process to upgrade the NFT below:
Click on the link in the Acura email (subject- Upgrade Your Next-Gen Integra x Wannerstedt NFT) that says Upgrade NFT. Once it opens in your browser copy the address.
Open the MetaMask app and open the browser. That will show you the Opensea page and probably your profile. The default selection showing your NFTs is Collected. Change that to Hidden. This will show your Integra NFT. You can unhide the NFT and it will show up under Collected.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
So I went to the link in the mega mask browser. Put in my VIN. And it said congrats or something and played the video of the animation. I recorded it.

But how do I see it again? In opensea it’s still the original image and it n the metamask wallet it’s the same too.

OP
OP
Linas19

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F59F2647-F803-4B8B-943A-668AD4BF1782.png
So I went to the link in the mega mask browser. Put in my VIN. And it said congrats or something and played the video of the animation. I recorded it.

But how do I see it again? In opensea it’s still the original image and it n the metamask wallet it’s the same too.
How did you record the animation? I did not see any option.
In opensea go to this page and instead of collected select hidden. The NFT should have a play button if it has been upgraded.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I just did a screen record.