• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm digging the refresh, Matt Farah said its 95% performance of the type R for 2/3 of the price.

1683234646966.png

1683234659883.png
I still don't like the creased sides and rear end is trash. Also not a hatch. The front end is at least palatable now. It is a bargain performance wise.

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
I still don't like the creased sides and rear end is trash. Also not a hatch. The front end is at least palatable now. It is a bargain performance wise.
Just drove a DCT Elantra N yesterday (and the day before), back to back with a 2023 CTR. The Elantra N is absolutely an incredible value. Feels like it's worth every penny. Probably the fastest lap time per dollar in a sedan, and the most smiles per dollar of anything on sale. I'm guessing they'll hike the facelift to a $37k MSRP at least.

If you are happy with a DCT and don't mind the looks, it has everything going for it. Seats are better than the ITS (which are just regular A-spec seats with different stitching), but worse than the CTR. I imagine resale will be pretty good too, as they're already so inexpensive. Eventually, it must become too good of a bargain to pass up.

Many years ago I had a modded 2006 Audi A3 2.0T FWD with custom exhaust, coils and a stage 1 tune. The Elantra N reminds me of that car so much in the engine, transmission and sound, but handling and braking are far superior on the N.

The CTR felt more mature, in a way. More tame exhaust, more precise handling, lovely manual transmission, and proper racing buckets. R mode in the Honda feels much more special than N mode in the Elantra, too.

If the Elantra makes you want to misbehave, the Civic wants to help you get the fastest lap time with no fuss. Both great cars, different engineering objectives.

Last edited:

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
I agree that the Fed will need to keep rates elevated for quite some time to bring inflation back in line. But as we're seeing in the banking sector, those elevated rates have some knock-on effects throughout the economy. The Fed really painted themselves into a corner by not starting to slowly raise the rates back in 2017-2018, because when 2020 came, rates were already a rock bottom and couldn't be cut, so they needed to turn the money printers back on to keep the machine running, and here we are.
It is not possible to "bring inflation back in line" as you say because the "money" has already been printed. Inflation, properly understood, refers to the growth in the supply of money NOT the resulting increase in prices.

Can't say it better than von Mises and Friedman, quotes in this article:
https://mises.org/wire/monetary-inflation-and-price-inflation

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
It is not possible to "bring inflation back in line" as you say because the "money" has already been printed. Inflation, properly understood, refers to the growth in the supply of money NOT the resulting increase in prices.

Can't say it better than von Mises and Friedman, quotes in this article:
https://mises.org/wire/monetary-inflation-and-price-inflation
Bringing inflation back in check is getting it back to the ~2% YoY growth.

There is no going back to pre-2020 pricing because of the stepwise increase in the supply of money.

Powell should’ve done his damn job back in 2017 and started raising the rates over the following 3 years, rather than getting on his knees and doing whatever Trump told him to, despite the president not having any control of the Fed. Doing so would’ve enabled the government to have had interest rates that could’ve been cut in 2020 to help deal with COVID. But you can’t cut rates that are already at 0%, so they fired the money printers back up starting in 2020, and here we are.

Hopefully we use this as a case study for how to not manage monetary policy in the future, but we all know that won’t be the case.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Bringing inflation back in check is getting it back to the ~2% YoY growth.

There is no going back to pre-2020 pricing because of the stepwise increase in the supply of money.

Powell should’ve done his damn job back in 2017 and started raising the rates over the following 3 years, rather than getting on his knees and doing whatever Trump told him to, despite the president not having any control of the Fed. Doing so would’ve enabled the government to have had interest rates that could’ve been cut in 2020 to help deal with COVID. But you can’t cut rates that are already at 0%, so they fired the money printers back up starting in 2020, and here we are.

Hopefully we use this as a case study for how to not manage monetary policy in the future, but we all know that won’t be the case.
Perhaps, but raising rates is treating the symptom, not the disease. The disease is the printing of fiat money not tied to real assets as well as legal tender laws. Both parties are happy to use this hidden tax.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Re: the Elantra N. A good buy for penny pinchers, but Hyundai dealer network would keep me away for good. It will NEVER get better.

Also, regarding the exhaust... I heard one yesterday take off at WOT when I had my top down, so I got a pretty good sense of what they sound like.

Loud doesn't necessarily equate to sounding good. We'll leave it at that...

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
Re: the Elantra N. A good buy for penny pinchers, but Hyundai dealer network would keep me away for good. It will NEVER get better.

Also, regarding the exhaust... I heard one yesterday take off at WOT when I had my top down, so I got a pretty good sense of what they sound like.

Loud doesn't necessarily equate to sounding good. We'll leave it at that...
Very fair point. Benefit is that if you have a special car like the N, you can often times get a bit better treatment than with your average Hyundai Kona. But I agree, the ITS/CTR are more refined vehicles. The ITS does not offer 50% more car/ performance/ features for that 50% more money. But performance rarely scales linearly. If you're shopping for $35k cars though, the Hyundai is the clear performance winner over WRX and GTI.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
heads up 2024 Elantra N added rear air vents and USB ports in the rear
What are the odds they'll be any more reliable than the rest of the car? Sorry, I couldn't help it.

I'm clearly a Honda/Acura loyalist, and not usually one to advocate for fewer features on cars, but this strikes me as "just another thing that'll break" based on other N horror stories out there.

I know, I know, any car/component can break, and a margin of user error has to be factored in--I can't imagine typical N buyers are a particularly forgiving demographic when it comes to going easy on things.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Gotta give it to the Hyundai/Kia for the amount of Tech and features they offer in sub 40k cars

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Gotta give it to the Hyundai/Kia for the amount of Tech and features they offer in sub 40k cars
It really is impressive. The lane-keep assist and lane centering is much better in my wife's 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe than it is in my 2021 Acura TLX. It can practically drive itself on the highway, and if your car has their Highway Drive Assist 2, it can automatically change lanes for you as well. The camera qualitly is much better as well. Build quality isn't as good as far as creaking interior panels, but that's to be expected given the difference between the brands.

On the flip side, you need to worry if the engine will fail, if the transmission will fail, if a leaking ABS module or trailer hitch will catch fire, or if your car will be stolen. Also, you better pray you get a quality dealer, because some are horrendous.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
It's nice to see some updates are part of the mid-cycle refresh. Hoping we'll see the same with the Integra for the 2026 MY as far as interior improvements/amenities go.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)

1683899202744.png
They've always had those in some markets, so it's still unclear if we'll be getting them too.
Hyundai, like Honda with their Civics, just decided not to include some features for US spec models.
A lot of manufacturers are doing that and I absolutely hate it.
Btw, the Chinese market model in the pic has EPB too. Pretty sure some people hate that.