• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Idle Stop Disable

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yes Manual’s come with it also. It’s mandated that all cars have them except for large SUV’s and Trucks.

Beefchowfun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rsx 06 base
Yeah manuals come with it. You got to clutch in to start up.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Bummer, I was hoping it was not included on the 6spd.
"Clutch In"? We talking to start the ignition in general? If so I'm use to that. Or somehow relating to the start/stop function? Thx.

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Bummer, I was hoping it was not included on the 6spd.
"Clutch In"? We talking to start the ignition in general? If so I'm use to that. Or somehow relating to the start/stop function? Thx.
If it's like other manual transmission vehicles with ASS (auto stop start), it's not too bad. Unlike automatic transmissions, which kill the engine every time you come to a complete stop (if other conditions are met, such as good battery voltage, etc.), in a manual you need to be stopped with the car in neutral and the clutch pedal released. When you press the clutch the engine starts again.

So in the end it's not as bad with a manual as it is with an automatic. Because if you're at a light long enough that you put the car in neutral and release the clutch pedal, maybe it's not so bad that the engine shuts off. And when you do want to be ready to roll, you're gonna press the clutch pedal and put the car in gear early, and engine will start. You won't have the problem that people with automatic transmissions do, where they worry the car won't be ready to go precisely when they want it to. Anyone I know with this feature in an automatic will let the car inch forward a little, if they see a gap in traffic up ahead, to wake the car up and have it ready.

Bottom line: Might not be so bad in a manual.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So the car can detect neutral but no remote start?? Hmmm

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
If it's like other manual transmission vehicles with ASS (auto stop start), it's not too bad. Unlike automatic transmissions, which kill the engine every time you come to a complete stop (if other conditions are met, such as good battery voltage, etc.), in a manual you need to be stopped with the car in neutral and the clutch pedal released. When you press the clutch the engine starts again.

So in the end it's not as bad with a manual as it is with an automatic. Because if you're at a light long enough that you put the car in neutral and release the clutch pedal, maybe it's not so bad that the engine shuts off. And when you do want to be ready to roll, you're gonna press the clutch pedal and put the car in gear early, and engine will start. You won't have the problem that people with automatic transmissions do, where they worry the car won't be ready to go precisely when they want it to. Anyone I know with this feature in an automatic will let the car inch forward a little, if they see a gap in traffic up ahead, to wake the car up and have it ready.

Bottom line: Might not be so bad in a manual.
Cool, thx for that insight.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
So the car can detect neutral but no remote start?? Hmmm
You should never be leaving a parked manual in Neutral, so I fail to see the confusion here.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
You should never be leaving a parked manual in Neutral, so I fail to see the confusion here.
For remote starting of course

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
If a car is in gear, why would you be remote starting it?
Parking brake holds it fine. I never had an issue in the past and only put it in gear on hills

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Found out today that if your climate control is set to Lo or Hi, auto idle stop is disabled. Also, it appears that causes your engine start button to turn red. Hopefully, that's why it was red. I've only had the car 2 days.