• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I would like to retire! What tires to upgrade to? Michelin Pilot Sport 4?

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
If I wanted to "retire" my A-Spec Tech Manual, then could someone please recommend what tire I should go with? I was thinking Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Summer Performance Tires - good choice?

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
Thank you so very much for sharing your retirement plans with me/others! You definitely steered me in the right direction. By the way, how soon are you retiring?
My car doesn't arrive until the beginning of Oct but the plan is to buy another set of wheels, likely 19s and go with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S then. Hopefully w/ in a month or so after taking delivery

kestryn

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec + Tech / White / Orchid
I was doing a bit of research... know that I'm a "value" guy.. I LOVE getting very good performance (say, 90% of "the best" option) at a much better price point. I think I will try the Yokohama ADVAN APEX V601 and see how they do. They are nearly $100 less per tire compared to the Michelin Pilot Sport 4Ss. Also, I'm kind of a Yokohama fanboy, so this fits into my reality.

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
This is what I plan on retiring w/

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...R8PS4SXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Had them on other cars and I absolutely love them

What's your opinion on the road noise level with these PS4S? I had Super Sports when I owned an FRS and they were louder than the stock tires. With how much road noise the Integra/Civic already has, I'm wondering if I really need a super sticky tire since I wouldn't be flogging it enough to justify the top-tier summer tires and extra road noise.

Last edited:

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
What's your opinion on the road noise level with these PS4S? I had Super Sports when I owned an FRS and they were louder than the stock tires. With how much road noise the Integra/Civic already has, I'm wondering if I really need a super sticky tire since I wouldn't be flogging it enough to justify the top-tier summer tires.
Hard for me to say since I do not own an Integra yet and my previous experience was coming from BMWs which come Pilot Super Sports or RFTs which are much louder than either Michelin, so the PS4S always felt as an improvement

But if you go by Tire Rack ratings, the PS4S get a 8.7 for noise which is pretty good and the OEM ContiPro Contact gets a 7.0 which is meh

and you won't be flogging it? shame... j/k

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...R8PS4SXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...WR8CPCV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes