• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hyundai Elantra N

VCGood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra A-Spec Technology Liquid Carbon CVT
Elantra N is also coming out early next year and it’s est. at $30k. It’s got 2.0T 276HP and the interior is insanely nice. I’ll be cross shopping between these two (A-Spec and N) but I’ll be leaning towards integra if the interior is just as good.

whichever one leans closer to 30k MSRP then that’s the car I’ll be leaning towards

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
Base Integra will be at 30k MSRP, it'll have the 1.5t. A-spec will probably be 2-3k more, so let's say 33k and still gonna have the 1.5t. Hoping they at least tune it to like 210-215hp or something, but that still pales in comparison to the Elantra N..

Integra should also have a more luxurious interior since it is an Acura and it's got the liftback so, more space which is nice. Type S will be more of Elantra N competition (performance wise) if it is still FWD since it'll probably have similar HP. I'm really hoping they give it SH-AWD to differentiate it from the Civic Type R but, guess we'll have to see.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Don't like to cast shade but honestly the Elantra "design" makes me want to hurl. Ghastly.
Screenshot_20211122-100641_Google.jpg

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Elantra N is one of those models on my shortlist of next cars to get. It’s an interesting model with a proven engine. It wins tons of TCR races. Only downside is that the materials on the interior front don’t quite look good. But underneath it it looks really good.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Don't like to cast shade but honestly the Elantra "design" makes me want to hurl. Ghastly.
Same feelings here. The regular elantra models (like the N-Line) are already verging on being over styled... the N just takes it IMO too far. For as much hate as the 10th gen civic got for being over styled, the Elantra should get just as much, if not more. The completely nonsensical crease lines in the sides, the massive black cladding on the front. The odd proportions of the car in person. It just doesn't do it for me. Some design fails are forgivable with a solid performance machine (just look at the Subaru WRX through the decades, or even the 10th gen CTR) but this just looks like they slapped every performance related cliche' in the book onto the car.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Same feelings here. The regular elantra models (like the N-Line) are already verging on being over styled... the N just takes it IMO too far. For as much hate as the 10th gen civic got for being over styled, the Elantra should get just as much, if not more. The completely nonsensical crease lines in the sides, the massive black cladding on the front. The odd proportions of the car in person. It just doesn't do it for me. Some design fails are forgivable with a solid performance machine (just look at the Subaru WRX through the decades, or even the 10th gen CTR) but this just looks like they slapped every performance related cliche' in the book onto the car.
And it's sad because the sister car, Kia Forte is so classy and Audi-esque

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
And it's sad because the sister car, Kia Forte is so classy and Audi-esque
Yea, if they had made a true GT trim for the Forte I'd be more inclined to buy that, the forte is a much better styled car. I tend to lean towards Kia's designs more than Hyundai overall.

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
Screenshot_20211122-100641_Google.jpg
I think if they paint match the black parts next to the grille the front wouldn't look so bad.. having all that black makes it look like one giant, wide grille and just isn't a good look to me. Otherwise I feel side and rear views aren't bad. car is definitely a little overstyled, but I've seen worse

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I seriously doubt it would be $3k cheaper than the VN. I expect it to cost at least $32k or $33k.
I’m sure it will be even better than the VN. I really recommend the DCT tho. Their 6mt is subpar but the 8DCT is amazing.

Buuuut I’m getting rid of my N soon and I ain’t getting another Hyundai. That’s for sure lol

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Elantra N will start around $30k Hyundai told the press.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Elantra N will start around $30k Hyundai told the press.
Well that’s interesting. I guess you’d have to be an extreme sedan hater to buy a VN from now on then. It’s inferior in every possible way except for the size. ( and weight)
That’s the price range the Ns belong anyway, VN is way overpriced for what it is.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Well that’s interesting. I guess you’d have to be an extreme sedan hater to buy a VN from now on then. It’s inferior in every possible way except for the size. ( and weight)
That’s the price range the Ns belong anyway, VN is way overpriced for what it is.
I think VN won’t get a second generation. Funny enough European actually want the Elantra N but Hyundai of Korea hasn’t approved it. None the less a good price.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think VN won’t get a second generation. Funny enough European actually want the Elantra N but Hyundai of Korea hasn’t approved it. None the less a good price.
Not even a refresh. I think it will go out of production in few months tbh.
It’s funny Europeans want Elantra N and VN yet North Americans (and Koreans) want i30N and i20N.
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side lol
Ironically, nobody asked for a Kona N yet that’s the only N available worldwide ?

They have some interesting agreements with the labor union in Korea so we only get the ones made in Korea and here in NA.

It’s indeed a good price. KDM EN costs about the same as VN with Performance package. I’m pretty sure they removed loads of standard and available features like they alway do.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Not even a refresh. I think it will go out of production in few months tbh.
It’s funny Europeans want Elantra N and VN yet North Americans (and Koreans) want i30N and i20N.
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side lol
Ironically, nobody asked for a Kona N yet that’s the only N available worldwide ?

They have some interesting agreements with the labor union in Korea so we only get the ones made in Korea and here in NA.

It’s indeed a good price. KDM EN costs about the same as VN with Performance package. I’m pretty sure they removed loads of standard and available features like they alway do.
Manual’s can’t get a sunroof on the Elantra N. heated seats are standard I believe only on DCT. No cooled seats as per usual with Hyundai compacts. No Spare tire at all. You only get fix a flat which I’m sure the Integra will get a Spare like the Civic hatchback.

OP
OP

VCGood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra A-Spec Technology Liquid Carbon CVT
I seriously doubt it would be $3k cheaper than the VN. I expect it to cost at least $32k or $33k.
I’m sure it will be even better than the VN. I really recommend the DCT tho. Their 6mt is subpar but the 8DCT is amazing.

Buuuut I’m getting rid of my N soon and I ain’t getting another Hyundai. That’s for sure lol
Do you mind telling me why you wouldn’t get another Hyundai? What was their problem? I never had a Hyundai so your opinion would influence mine.

also, the caris definitely bearable in a dark color to match the grill but I agree that it’s overstyled
8192FE3B-7FC4-479B-9FF1-2721F52E834C.jpeg