• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to turn off lane assist

arod19863

First Name
Abram
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023 Liquid Carbon
Hey guys I was wondering how to completely disable the lane assist in the Integra its kind of getting annoying to deal with sometimes it try's to keep me in a lane that isn't even a lane I just want to disable it completely I pretty much have to pay attention when driving a manual car so I don't really think I need it.

Swahme

First Name
Rohun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I prefer it off as well. What I found was that if you go through the different selections with the right-side scroll wheel on the steering wheel, there is a menu that shows all the different "safety" features like lane assist, emergency braking, and blind-spot awareness. If you turn it off on that menu option, I have found it to remain off. This is all done within the menu system built into our mph/kph gauge cluster display (right side).

That way if I do want to use it, I simply press the specific button on the steering wheel to turn it on.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP

arod19863

First Name
Abram
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023 Liquid Carbon
I prefer it off as well. What I found was that if you go through the different selections with the right-side scroll wheel on the steering wheel, there is a menu that shows all the different "safety" features like lane assist, emergency braking, and blind-spot awareness. If you turn it off on that menu option, I have found it to remain off. This is all done within the menu system built into our mph/kph gauge cluster display (right side).

That way if I do want to use it, I simply press the specific button on the steering wheel to turn it on.

Hope this helps.
Hey thank this really helps a lot do you know if this disables it for all mods or do you have to do it for all the different mods as well

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
You feel you only have to pay attention when driving a manual car? Seriously? SMH.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Hey thank this really helps a lot do you know if this disables it for all mods or do you have to do it for all the different mods as well
When it's off, it's off. It took me <5 miles to disable it thanks to the construction I hit on the way home. Haven't looked back since.

LCM23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A Spec Tech 6MT
In my car it's off by default. I usually turn it on for freeway drives to chill for a bit. Simple button press on the steering wheel to toggle it on or off is convenient enough

treyk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT

Hope this helps.
My question is does the emergency brake function actually hit the brakes because a good amount of times I drive someone cuts in front of me or I accelerate to pass someone with another person in front of me and I get the big orange "BRAKE" in my gauge cluster. But it has never actually hit the brakes. I'm usually on the brakes right as it happens anyways but my question is does it hit the brakes by itself at all, and if so, can I turn it off?

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I'm not sure about the going forward, but I do know from reversing with a trailer that the system does work and when it hits the brakes, it hits them HARD. There's no reason to think it wouldn't work any differently going forward, but I'm not sure I want to test it. ;)

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
My question is does the emergency brake function actually hit the brakes because a good amount of times I drive someone cuts in front of me or I accelerate to pass someone with another person in front of me and I get the big orange "BRAKE" in my gauge cluster. But it has never actually hit the brakes. I'm usually on the brakes right as it happens anyways but my question is does it hit the brakes by itself at all, and if so, can I turn it off?
The system will only engage the brakes when it is sure a collision is imminent. They added some redundancy between the sensors as well as reducing the responsiveness from earlier systems. Some of the earlier Honda systems went off earlier and people reported it being a safety hazard because the auto brake engaged on them in traffic. It can always be overridden by fully depressing the accelerator pedal should it engage. I do believe that auto brake can be fully disabled in the "vehicle settings" menu if you want to make sure that your next vehicular collision happens at exactly the speed natural selection intended. I personally would leave it on unless I had an issue with the sensing system in the vehicle.

treyk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
The system will only engage the brakes when it is sure a collision is imminent. They added some redundancy between the sensors as well as reducing the responsiveness from earlier systems. Some of the earlier Honda systems went off earlier and people reported it being a safety hazard because the auto brake engaged on them in traffic. It can always be overridden by fully depressing the accelerator pedal should it engage. I do believe that auto brake can be fully disabled in the "vehicle settings" menu if you want to make sure that your next vehicular collision happens at exactly the speed natural selection intended. I personally would leave it on unless I had an issue with the sensing system in the vehicle.
Tbh then I’ll probably leave it on but I just wanted to make sure I don’t brake check someone in traffic by accident because I get the BRAKE thing even at <5 mph in bumper to bumper traffic.