• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How often do you use Brake hold w/ MT?

Shadd01

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
The idea of brake hold is new to me (especially with a manual transmission) and I am starting to use it more and more at stoplights and when in the pick up line for my kid. I am curious how often everyone else uses it. It seems like it helps a decent amount on the MPG which isn't a bad thing. Any reason to avoid it? It seems picky about when it wants to turn on.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
The idea of brake hold is new to me (especially with a manual transmission) and I am starting to use it more and more at stoplights and when in the pick up line for my kid. I am curious how often everyone else uses it. It seems like it helps a decent amount on the MPG which isn't a bad thing. Any reason to avoid it? It seems picky about when it wants to turn on.
If thats the same thing as Hill Assist I have it off on my Mustang. It actually made me stall more than help me in anyway as I kept thinking I was giving enough gas when really I wasn't.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
It only engages if you come to a full stop by pressing the brake. That’s what I don’t like.

If I just roll to a stop without pressing the brake, I can still potentially roll back/forward. I caught myself a few times doing that, and the artificial assurance that I should be fully stopped is what has steered me away from using it more often.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
If thats the same thing as Hill Assist I have it off on my Mustang. It actually made me stall more than help me in anyway as I kept thinking I was giving enough gas when really I wasn't.
It’s a different thing. Integra has both Brake Hold and Hill Start Assist. Hill start assist stops you from rolling downhill when starting from a stop in manual. It’s on all the time, not sure it can be turned off. Maybe buried in a menu.

Brake hold you have to turn on every time you start the car. It’s just a convenience thing. When you completely stop with the brakes (like at a stop light), you can take your foot off the brake pedal. The car keeps applying the brakes until you touch the gas pedal. It just means you can take your foot off the pedal when stopped and not roll anywhere. And the brake lights stay on.

Crovaxan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Acura Integra White w/Red
I usually only keep it on when im not in sport mode. I feel like a slipped the clutch way more in sport mode with it on.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
i turn on brake hold for extra long lights, I find it much more useful in automatics so you don't love tap the car infront by accident.

kegrace

First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 1988 Porsche 944, 2005 BMW 330Ci
I just started using it and I love it, I don’t see any issues provided you understand how it works. There is an indicator on the dash when the system is enabled, and another to identify that it is active and holding the brake. I take off normally and don’t see any difference.