• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Here since the beginning. Finally have Teggy

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
What a whirl wind of a day. Apologies for the long post. I’ve been a member since the beginning and it’s my first thread
LOL

I’ve gone back and forth on this car and always wanted one. Canceled a reservation twice but finally kept a third (which was canceled tonight).

Decided out of the blue to contact the local Acura dealer. They had two CVT’s both white on red one tech and one none tech

the dealer told me there was about $7k in total add ons between dealer ADM and installed accessories(tint, zak, wheel locks, etc…)

I told him I’m not comfortable on the adm but willing to negotiate on the accessories. At least you’re getting something.
He told me coming in would be leverage to remove adm to get a sale done tonohht

the dealer drove the non tech to my house. Let me drive back and that’s where it all unraveled. The dealer never spoke to the bullpen manager.

Manager wasn’t aware of our deal or numbers. Sales guy assured me adm could be removed to make a sale today. I was furious. Remained calm as did the manager.

Made the sales guy drive me home. Talk about a silent and awkward 20 min. It was like I was breaking up with my girlfriend as a teen

got home. Manager calls me to apologize because by this point I’ve posted a google review of what happened. 1 star….

He told me he would hear it from the GM and if he honored the agreed price would we do a deal. I said sure but I wanted signed confirmation.

hour later I’m back at the dealership but dealing with a new salesman, takes 90 min and I’m finally in my teggy.
I went from a CVT non tech to a CVT with tech package.

wound up at MSRP plus $1,500 for the accessories and zak plus a 750 rebate for financing with Acura (3.9% which I’ll be refinancing the second I get a bill)

here’s my take on the drive home. And I can compare it to both a cvt non tech and a 22 Honda exl hatchback.

the Integra is peppy. Full stop. Don’t be fooled because “it’s a CVT”. Once you’re at 2-3000 RPMs you’re moving.
I was hitting 55-60 and not realizing it

It is substantially quiet and more so than the civic. Little to no road noise. I think the ELS helps drown it out.

its 100% more refined than I thought it would be. Infotainment is crisp and smooth. Apple car play is nice and full screen. Wireless charger works well with my iPhone.
I cannot stress my next few comments.

I would 100% stay away from the non tech A spec….

If you can swing it the fully loaded has so much for a good price. The options between the tech and non tech are vast and worth the 2.5k

I feel the a spec non tech is a cash grab from Acura. If I just wanted an automatic SI then the base integra more than fits the bill

if I just wanted an integra for the peppy engine I would get the base or an SI if you want manual. The 30k cvt integra is more than adequate for daily driving. Why pay $3k for an few badges and heated seats.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

happy motoring

4D576AD9-5283-433D-A5E0-5D3CBBC49BF4.jpeg

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Congrats buddy. I’m glad it worked out and that you went the tech route.

España

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda6
Question on the $750 rebate with Acura finance. How is the contract written , are you obligated or committed to the interest on the entire length of the contract. Is there any sort of prepayment penalty if you refinance it with someone else ( or pay off outright).

OP
OP
Litflynt912

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Question on the $750 rebate with Acura finance. How is the contract written , are you obligated or committed to the interest on the entire length of the contract. Is there any sort of prepayment penalty if you refinance it with someone else ( or pay off outright).
I am active duty military. It’s military cash. Treated as cash down
Acura offers military and/or graduate bonus

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I am active duty military. It’s military cash. Treated as cash down
Acura offers military and/or graduate bonus
Congrats and thank you for your service!

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
I am not here to steal any of the OP's thunder, but the topic applies and I am hopping on!! ("You're gonna get hop-ons..."). I got a random Saturday call from the GM at my dealership today, and he made a judgement call to switch out their demo Integra, they call them Acura's mandatory 'loner status' vehicle, and that freed up mine!? They were ready to sell it to me today, and since I already had my USAA pre-approval I said, sure!

Car only had 3 more miles on it then when I drove it, and we commenced to deal. They had the money sheet drawn up already, but thanks to the YAA guys on Youtube I had a plan and started marking it up with my pencil, asking all types of questions. I lined out their attempts at ADM stuff (Resistall? nah), and talked about Honda financing and the .mil rebate $750 they were offering, and pointed out that my $500 deposit was not reflected. They went back, fixed the issues, did up a cash buyer sheet, and then we made progress.

I did end up keeping the weather mat/mudflap package and adding on Chrystal Fusion (5yr. windshield treatment & replace) but talked the O&I guy down to half price on it. This dealership absolutely took care of me, and I drove the car home for $40,026. The USAA funding was the better option for a 72 mo. @ 2.79% vs, Acura financing 72mo. @ 4.7% During the negotiation, when the Sales Manager heard their rates had been beaten so badly, he literally suggested that I finance with them for the $750 .mil and then immediately refi with USAA after my first payment. So, I called USAA and it still was more advantageous to use my pre-approval than a refi.

Amazing & spirited ride home, and I am extremely satisfied with this first ever new car buying experience.

TegJun2022.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Litflynt912

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I welcome all hop ons. Lol

sounds like our stories are similar post deal. I wound up using Acura financing for the 750 and have my Usaa refi literally standing by for 2.68 good until end of next month (which is fantastic since fed is gonna hike a ton this week)