• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
Another 40 year old who shuttles kids daily in traffic agrees with you on the mediocre automatics blowing past the Integra. I have to shift frantically to keep up. I assume the Integra’s sporty exhaust and its fastback style excites other drivers to take it on.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
As another 44 year old awaiting my Integra 6MT, your post makes me nervous!

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I still think the new Integra is better than most cars that you can buy today. It’s fine, it’s more fun than most cars, it’s just that I’m different, and the competition is going to be faster. You are going be passed by more cars more easily unless you are on it in the right gear etc. I also realized that I don’t really want a sports car, or to work so hard when driving, I want to relax with my Starbucks coffee a bit, and what I really want is a comfortable car that goes fast, but Shelby Mustang fast, but fast enough to dodge fools on the highway instantly with power and grace, it does not need to lead the segment in speed, however, hopefully still handles above average overall, excellent enough for street driving, preferably takes corners like a champion, and gives me lots of features and stellar audio. With as much driver feedback as possible, I like to feel the balance buttoned down and know where the wheels are. Sure the TLX Type-S falls apart at 10/10s on the track (while the TLX TS no problems at street level driving, and yes the TLX TS is still too heavy and has a somewhat lazy 10-speed AT) and the CTR wins at track times, but I don’t need it to be a CTR, and I don’t drive at balls out 10/10s, 8/10ths is fine. I honestly should have purchased the TLX Type-S, but I had to go in this journey. And the new Integra is a fun car to date for a while, I just don’t want to marry it anymore. So if you have a new Integra, like me, enjoy it, but eventually I believe we all reach a point of age and laziness that perhaps the stick car is best for the weekends and the other comfortable auto car gets you to work. Or your mileage may vary. I’m just one guy and I’m not exactly like everyone else :)

Last edited:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
This is why I'm waiting on the Type-S. I'm not wanting some great sports car. I'm just wanting fun to drive and quick enough to not feel like I'm dogging on it to get through traffic.

I'm not wanting or expecting something as fast as my Mustang. For me a car is perfect if all I feel I need is some springs, bars and maybe a tune. Long as I can happily row through a few gears and hug the back roads I'm satisfied. I don't track like I used to and most my driving is in traffic.

Last edited:

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I've been asking for a detuned 2.0T base engine since the day they dropped the teaser, but it has more to do with the car itself than the "indirect" competitors in the video.
But in terms of heritage, the 1.5T actually makes more sense.
It's important to remember that the 2.0T was developed as a replacement for old NA V6 engines. The old Integra never came with a V6.
There were plenty of cars that had more power than the base Integra, including the V6 Accord.
Not much has changed imo. There were a lot of cars (performance or not) that were faster than the older Integras back then and there still are a lot of cars that are faster than the new Integra now.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I've been asking for a detuned 2.0T base engine since the day they dropped the teaser, but it has more to do with the car itself than the "indirect" competitors in the video.
But in terms of heritage, the 1.5T actually makes more sense.
It's important to remember that the 2.0T was developed as a replacement for old NA V6 engines. The old Integra never came with a V6.
There were plenty of cars that had more power than the base Integra, including the V6 Accord.
Not much has changed imo. There were a lot of cars (performance or not) that were faster than the older Integras back then and there still are a lot of cars that are faster than the new Integra now.
Th thing is the teggy/ITR were well balanced cars. They were not great at a particular thing unless you modded them, but stock they were "quick" and handled well. They could be easily made to be fast and great autoX/road racers though.

Yeah the SPec-V was great in a curvy road, but in a line the SE-R was almost as fast even with less power and a less gear. Same with the SVT-Focus, it was barely quicker than a 1999-2000 ZX2 S/R unless you were on a very long windy road where gearing mattered more. The S/R wasnt much faster than a normal ZX2, unless you went to track it with turns. The Neon ACR wasn't much faster than a R/T in a line, but was in autoX.

DOUBLE_R321

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda Civic SI
I wonder why in all these videos they skip over the DC5? Like the RSX Type S didn't existed? I would love to see a track comparison with all of them on the track. The new integra, dc5, dc2 throw in the si 11th and 8th gen and Prelude why not lol. That would be fun!

Last edited:

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
I already knew the new Integra was faster than the old one but I'm really curious against the rsx. The type s has to win but I think it will be a close race.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was driving around my Integra 6MT on the highway today. Stil tons of fun. Still too much work needed on the shifter. Still bad on gas for me. The stereo is still amazing and it’s still just an awesome car to look at. I think the Integra is way better looking than the Civic Si (the new CTR takes the cake perhaps with that new big wing), and the LCM paint has grown to be one of my favorites in color and sheer paint quality. The car corners like mad good, so good that the all season tires and seat bolstering can’t keep up. Still needs more manual power and or a premium non CVT AT option. It’s such a love hate vehicle for me.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I was driving around my Integra 6MT on the highway today. Stil tons of fun. Still too much work needed on the shifter. Still bad on gas for me. The stereo is still amazing and it’s still just an awesome car to look at. I think the Integra is way better looking than the Civic Si (the new CTR takes the cake perhaps with that new big wing), and the LCM paint has grown to be one of my favorites in color and sheer paint quality. The car corners like mad good, so good that the all season tires and seat bolstering can’t keep up. Still needs more manual power and or a premium non CVT AT option. It’s such a love hate vehicle for me.
Have you driven the CVT? Your concerns are exactly why I went the CVT route. Short gearing, low redline, and high clutch engagement aren’t fun for older folks like us. You mention that it needs a non CVT AT, but if you’ve never driven it, I don’t think you can fairly make that statement. The CVT is quite refined. Sounds good, shifts well, has VERY “manual” characteristics, and easily gives me 30+ mpgs.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You are right, I don’t have experience with Honda’s more modern CVTs. And in retrospect I do think I would have been happier with the Interga’s CVT save for the lack of a LSD. And that LSD is hugely important. I’ll just leapfrog to the TLX Type-S with SH-AWD.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you driven the CVT? Your concerns are exactly why I went the CVT route. Short gearing, low redline, and high clutch engagement aren’t fun for older folks like us. You mention that it needs a non CVT AT, but if you’ve never driven it, I don’t think you can fairly make that statement. The CVT is quite refined. Sounds good, shifts well, has VERY “manual” characteristics, and easily gives me 30+ mpgs.
I just don't like automatics in general owned a lot of cars in my lifetime and everyone has been a manual except my subaru ascent. The other cars were my wife's but I got to drive the cvt in the teggy recently and it's surprisingly good. Way better than the one in the subaru. My wife has the kia seltos with a dual clutch and while the shifts are nice and quick it's everyday characteristics are quirky and it stutters alot when moving slow or in stop and go traffic.

DOUBLE_R321

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda Civic SI
Don't be nervous. I love my 6spd. I have driven manual cars all my life. I had a 21 Acura TLX Aspec. It was cool but after driving it for a year, I grew to miss all that shift action. I love to drive and driving is therapeutic to me. The new Integra 6spd brings smiles to me everyday before and after work :)

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I agree, it just depends on where you are on stick shift versus automatic. If you really want to shift definitely buy a manual. And if you are energetic and don’t mind the work, enjoy that 200HP manual that you have to work more often. I did just that several times, I’ve been stick shifting various 200HP Civic Si’s most of my life, and the shifting is always fun. Until you hit traffic of course. I’m just tired, ready for a break with a sporty faster automatic, or at least something less demanding with more manual power. I want the cool automatic features like remote star and automatic low speed traffic follow. I want to accelerate with ease, grace, and precision. I want no brainer low gas mileage. And I’m willing to give up that fun stick shifting feeling to get that. You may not be willing to do so. I think ideally I’d have both types of cars, a manual for the weekends and an automatic for the weekdays. Or paddle shifters that was actually manual and not computer driven system that only accepts your inputs as suggestions. And no one can tell you your personal preference, a test drive will not completely solve this for you, you have to experience the car for yourself over time. That new Integra could be your endgame vehicle for all I know. It could do everything you really want. There is only one way to find out really, draw upon your experiences and what you have heard, and take a chance on your best educated guess for your next vehicle. If you strike out, trade it in after 3 years and try again.

Last edited:

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm sure your not going to be racing other cars and the car isn't lethargic at all. When I need to pass cars the car has enough power to do it even in 6th gear. I am on 93 octane not sure what everyone is using but I never feel like I need power to pass people