• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I knew people that had stock GS-R's doing 15.0-15.2 I expected a high 14 from that ITR in the drag race.

Really the upcoming Type-S should be the car in this comparison, except for when it comes to price.

DOUBLE_R321

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda Civic SI
your sig "THE INTEGRA HAS ALWAYS BEEN AN UPSCALE CIVIC SI! Accept Reality people" is Hilarious! Awesome lol.
yeah i seen people mention the time thing, but that will vary due to weather, track, driver etc. I think 14.9 generally the number. 15.0-15.2 gsr stock? thats pretty good. but in all fun video.

springconvert

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 Honda Element EX AWD
Yeah, it was a miss that he didn’t even acknowledge that the new Integra isn’t a type R or S, seems like that was warranted in a comparison with other cars that also have models that aren’t “the fast one”. I get that the base Elantra and Jetta don’t have manuals, but that would have been a more fair comparison.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
6.6 is commendable. I really want to see a review with traction completely off. I really wish acura honda made it easier to disable so that these journalists can get a better run but not sure if vsc disabled even helps yet.

Reactions: HKF

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, it was a miss that he didn’t even acknowledge that the new Integra isn’t a type R or S, seems like that was warranted in a comparison with other cars that also have models that aren’t “the fast one”. I get that the base Elantra and Jetta don’t have manuals, but that would have been a more fair comparison.
I agree but unfortunately having the integra name puts its against the world. And unfortunately at its price point its going to be at the back of the pack or near the back.

Integra805

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS350, MDX
Eh - i take this with a grain of salt. Of we hit rewind to the DC2 days, there were PLENTY of cars that were faster. Eclipse GSX, Dodge neon SRT, WRX, and the list goes on. The new Integra is getting so much hate because it was so good in the 90s. In the 90s, the Integra got a ton of hate on its power and no torque. All of these examples did not age well and its about impossible to find a GSX thats running.

In 15 years when all the manuals are gone and we are all electric, the Hyundai will be in a junk yard like all Hyundais. The Jetta will be in a shop for $4000 in electrical work, and the Integra will be worth 30% of its value because “they didnt sell a lot At the time and it has grown to be a well respected, fun car.”

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
On the ugly subject Hyundai takes the crown the whole grill front end and Zoro slashes on the side that only a mother could love. The VW looks plain like VW have always looked. The Teggy looks like an Acura which I love and had that luxury vibe.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
He did mention a few things explaining why the new Integra's "slow" and why it's not the end of the world.
Pretty sure all the haters will simply miss that lol

I still feel like the cars in the race were intentionally picked tho. I mean, it's VERY easy to guess the result.
Elantra N is obviously the most performance-oriented of the three and the Integra is the best daily driver.
Type R(or Si) is the one that's supposed to be in this race, not the Integra.
I don't think he said anything about Integra's "premium" badge either.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Eh - i take this with a grain of salt. Of we hit rewind to the DC2 days, there were PLENTY of cars that were faster. Eclipse GSX, Dodge neon SRT, WRX, and the list goes on. The new Integra is getting so much hate because it was so good in the 90s. In the 90s, the Integra got a ton of hate on its power and no torque. All of these examples did not age well and its about impossible to find a GSX thats running.

In 15 years when all the manuals are gone and we are all electric, the Hyundai will be in a junk yard like all Hyundais. The Jetta will be in a shop for $4000 in electrical work, and the Integra will be worth 30% of its value because “they didnt sell a lot At the time and it has grown to be a well respected, fun car.”
When I got my itr the amount of hate I got on it that a dodge neon and the eclipse and sentra spec v would walk me because of the no torque. Now all of sudden people in the comments love the old gen. The type r was fun but it didn't matter how much boltons you put on the torque went up like 10lbs lol. At least the new Integra has way more aftermarket potential where power can actually be made. I would take this new Integra over the old one anyway. And the Hyundai is hideous. I just saw one today in the same blue color and I think it's one of the ugliest cars on the market today. I'd rather the Kia k5 GT

Integra805

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS350, MDX
When I got my itr the amount of hate I got on it that a dodge neon and the eclipse and sentra spec v would walk me because of the no torque. Now all of sudden people in the comments love the old gen. The type r was fun but it didn't matter how much boltons you put on the torque went up like 10lbs lol. At least the new Integra has way more aftermarket potential where power can actually be made. I would take this new Integra over the old one anyway. And the Hyundai is hideous. I just saw one today in the same blue color and I think it's one of the ugliest cars on the market today. I'd rather the Kia k5 GT
I totally forgot about the Sentra spec v. I remember going on a mountain run in a few GS-Rs and a spec V. After 15 minutes, the spec v had to pull over bc they could not come close to keeping up.

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
Wouldn’t the 0-60 time (6.6s) as well as the quarter mile time improve a little with better tires?

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wouldn’t the 0-60 time (6.6s) as well as the quarter mile time improve a little with better tires?
Possibly can improve with traction completely off and better tires can help reduce wheelspin which can improve times but more importantly help the car get consistent launches. But out of all these cars I put money the integra would be there daily driver pick because it's just more practical.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Hagarty, Savvage Geese, and Throttle House are right, the times have changed. And I have changed. The average car is very fast today. After driving the new Integra around a bit I can safely say that the car should have started with a variant of the current Accord Sport 2.0T engine and have a variant of the current CTR engine put in the Integra Type-S. And with TLX Type-S level of seats with more comfort and with soft to firm air adjustable side bolstering, so I can still slide in and out with ease. I don’t want to eject myself upwards first. While the 2023 Integra is the car of my dreams 17 years ago, now it feels like the average car/truck/SUV can blow by me with ease and I am still shifting like hell and flooring it just to accelerate to normal speeds. Everyone else in their faster automatic cars are just relaxing and pressing gas pedals. Manual cars used to be fun under age 30, and it's still fun sometimes, but lately it's just more work than I care to do at age 44. Too much traffic now too. Now that the CTR is here that changes things too, it’s a way faster car, and the extra power would be helpful all around, and I would not have to shift nearly as much. And the Integra Type-S is now in actuality what the regular Integra should have been at - with at least Accord Sport 2.0T level of engine power. Let the Type-S be even more exotic perhaps like the CRT is. So the bar for even an Si level car should be a bit higher by now. I hate to say this but as cool as my new Integra is I miss my 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT. It traded corner taking for power but it was a better mix. I only briefly drove a 2019 CTR for a few weeks and I honestly did not get to enjoy it or fully test it out, but it felt much more meaty with that extra 100HP, way easier to drive, I don’t remember shifting nearly as much. However, the new Integra did do one thing for me, it gave me a taste of luxjury and honestly there is no going back. I might need a class of car like the TLX Type-S now. Or at the very least the new CTR or the upcoming Integra Type-S both with more power so I’m not shifting all the time. Don’t get me wrong, overall the new Integra is just fine for what it is, I just outgrew it and I want a bit more nowadays. I’m happy to drive it around for a few years if necessary, I will enjoy it enough for now, but I doubt it will take that long for me to get out of it. And I’m just saying that for 44 year old me the 2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT smiles I get are not worth the work of its very short geared under powered manual with only 200HP, if I could not get a manual with more power, such as 300HP, I would now spent that same $40K-ish money on an new Accord Sport 2.0T or a TLX Type-S if you can stretch your budget a bit more.

Last edited: