• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front plate mount alternative options?

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
I can't imagine it on mine. Anyone have a pic with a front plate attached or know of alternative mounts that don't require drilling?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Just don't install it.. my state required it until about a year ago. But I have never had a front license plate on any of my vehicles.

OP
OP
OEMjoe

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
Just don't install it.. my state required it until about a year ago. But I have never had a front license plate on any of my vehicles.
CA is a bit of a pain with its car regulations though.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Don’t you guys have vinyl license plate or something like that in CA?

OP
OP
OEMjoe

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
Don’t you guys have vinyl license plate or something like that in CA?
From the little i read on the internet it still is a pilot program thru 2023.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
I almost will rather pay a fine for not having it than mounting it anywhere on the front end.

chotaku

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda S2000, Subaru WRX
I almost will rather pay a fine for not having it than mounting it anywhere on the front end.
Yup, and it really depends on location and how you were driving too in order for the police to pull you over.

Generally, if you're in a nicer area where the cops have nothing better to do. Then yea, maybe they'll pull you over for no front plate.
But if you were speeding/racing/etc. then they will just tack it on in addition to that moving violation.

But if you're in a questionable city, a front plate is probably the least of their worries.. to a certain point.
Law enforcement do tend to be biased towards certain cars.
If you're in a brand spankin new car with no front plate, then most likely not getting pulled over.
But if you're in an old dilapidated car with no front plate, tinted windows, and expired reg.. most likely you're going to get rolled. lol

PreludeKid

First Name
Cherie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Element, Honda Passport
Just bumping this post. We’re a few more months in. Does anyone have a picture or specific frame part they recommend yet?

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Yup, and it really depends on location and how you were driving too in order for the police to pull you over.

Generally, if you're in a nicer area where the cops have nothing better to do. Then yea, maybe they'll pull you over for no front plate.
But if you were speeding/racing/etc. then they will just tack it on in addition to that moving violation.

But if you're in a questionable city, a front plate is probably the least of their worries.. to a certain point.
Law enforcement do tend to be biased towards certain cars.
If you're in a brand spankin new car with no front plate, then most likely not getting pulled over.
But if you're in an old dilapidated car with no front plate, tinted windows, and expired reg.. most likely you're going to get rolled. lol
You don't even need plates in CA. Just leave the BoS taped inside the window.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Another bump, anyone find a solution yet? I am in CA and plan to not run my front plate, but would like an option as a backup if I have to install for a fix it ticket. Also, does anyone know if dealer can let you leave the lot in CA without a plate? When I got my current car, they wouldn't let me off lot without the new paper plates installed, thankfully the front mount didn't damage the paint, unlike the Integra.

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 RSX Type S
Also, does anyone know if dealer can let you leave the lot in CA without a plate? When I got my current car, they wouldn't let me off lot without the new paper plates installed, thankfully the front mount didn't damage the paint, unlike the Integra.
I purchased mine and drove it off with front paper plate inside the cabin and rear paper plate mounted.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I’ve been driving a year and I still haven’t put the front license plate on and I never got pulled over

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I’ve been driving a year and I still haven’t put the front license plate on and I never got pulled over
Probably a Cali thing where they crush your car if your front plate isn't CARB compliant..lol
Glad I don't have to deal with that garage. Where I live it was mandatory until recently but I have never installed one on any of my past 15 or so vehicles.

morjx

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I just zip tied it to the lower grille. I didn't want the dealer to drill any holes in my bumper.