• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
I, like many of you, was disappointed with the lack of a Homelink mirror. Some have posted part numbers that could possibly work. Two problems…too expensive and the mirror itself is not frameless like the Integra’s OEM one (which I really like).

This morning, I finally set out to find a solution. This could possibly work for Android users, but I can confirm it works very well for iPhone users. I have a wifi enabled garage opener (myQ). Other brands may work too. If you don’t have one, my understanding is that you can add the wireless hub to any opener, and that should transform it into a smart garage door opener.

Previous to this mod, I needed to carry my physical garage opener. I didn’t like it taking up space in my cup holder, clipped to my visor (will leave mark), or in the side pocket (rattles). Also, these all pose security risks. If I did want to use the opener via my iPhone or Apple Watch, I would have to launch the app and then select the option. To me, that’s not streamlined enough and detracts from me getting in and out of my house. Since iOS Shortcuts does not support MyQ, I had to find another workaround. Follow these steps, and pay close attention to Step 8.

This will also now work as a Siri command on your iPhone and Apple Watch.

1) Download LiveKey app
2) Creat account
3) Select “Add Integration”
4) Select MyQ
5) Signin to MyQ account
6) Open Shortcuts app on iPhone
7) Select + sign
8) Rename shortcut to exactly what you want your Siri command to respond to. I set mine up to only “Open Garage”. If I say “Open Garage Door”, the shortcut will not execute properly. I have to say “Hey Siri, open garage” for it to work. You can also use the Siri button on the left of the steering wheel (press and hold) and then say the command (ex: “open garage”)
9) Select “Add Action”
10) Select “Apps”
11) Select “LiveKey”
12) Select “Garage Doors, Gates”
13) Select “Choose” for both “Items” and correponding “Actions”
14) Select “Done”
15) Repeat Step 7 through Step 15 for closing the garage door function.

I tried this several times, and it’s working flawlessly. Best part, it’s totally hands free (if your Hey Siri is enabled). Suck on that Homelink! LoL

A64A7B33-BF69-4E5E-A72F-4D499D6B8886.png

80AACAC8-7835-435F-A6E1-2BBB88266E58.png

776FC4FD-8C03-4E11-8046-959BEA3710ED.png

Last edited:

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
nice, going to give it a try. I already use the MyQ app to open/close the garage door

My other alternative was to use the Home app but I had some problems getting HomeKit to recognize the door and I gave up since I had to reset everything and start from scratch and didn't feel like but meant to at some point do it. This may be a good enough work around

thanks!

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok perfect! It shouldn’t take too long to setup. Let me know if there are any tweaks I should do to the instructions and your final outcome.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I did the same thing with my Genie (Aladdin Connect) and Google, but since I can't park my car in my garage, I found that it's much easier to Velcro a small opener up under the left side forward lip of my dash.

I call it Occam's door opener.

doucheopotamous

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I did the same thing with my Genie (Aladdin Connect) and Google, but since I can't park my car in my garage, I found that it's much easier to Velcro a small opener up under the left side forward lip of my dash.

I call it Occam's door opener.
Can you post a pic of where on the dash you velcro’d the opener?

nicodimas

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec Tech CVT, White/Red
I, like many of you, was disappointed with the lack of a Homelink mirror. Some have posted part numbers that could possibly work. Two problems…too expensive and the mirror itself is not frameless like the Integra’s OEM one (which I really like).

This morning, I finally set out to find a solution. This could possibly work for Android users, but I can confirm it works very well for iPhone users. I have a wifi enabled garage opener (myQ). Other brands may work too. If you don’t have one, my understanding is that you can add the wireless hub to any opener, and that should transform it into a smart garage door opener.

Previous to this mod, I needed to carry my physical garage opener. I didn’t like it taking up space in my cup holder, clipped to my visor (will leave mark), or in the side pocket (rattles). Also, these all pose security risks. If I did want to use the opener via my iPhone or Apple Watch, I would have to launch the app and then select the option. To me, that’s not streamlined enough and detracts from me getting in and out of my house. Since iOS Shortcuts does not support MyQ, I had to find another workaround. Follow these steps, and pay close attention to Step 8.

This will also now work as a Siri command on your iPhone and Apple Watch.

1) Download LiveKey app
2) Creat account
3) Select “Add Integration”
4) Select MyQ
5) Signin to MyQ account
6) Open Shortcuts app on iPhone
7) Select + sign
8) Rename shortcut to exactly what you want your Siri command to respond to. I set mine up to only “Open Garage”. If I say “Open Garage Door”, the shortcut will not execute properly. I have to say “Hey Siri, open garage” for it to work. You can also use the Siri button on the left of the steering wheel (press and hold) and then say the command (ex: “open garage”)
9) Select “Add Action”
10) Select “Apps”
11) Select “LiveKey”
12) Select “Garage Doors, Gates”
13) Select “Choose” for both “Items” and correponding “Actions”
14) Select “Done”
15) Repeat Step 7 through Step 15 for closing the garage door function.

I tried this several times, and it’s working flawlessly. Best part, it’s totally hands free (if your Hey Siri is enabled). Suck on that Homelink! LoL

A64A7B33-BF69-4E5E-A72F-4D499D6B8886.png

80AACAC8-7835-435F-A6E1-2BBB88266E58.png

776FC4FD-8C03-4E11-8046-959BEA3710ED.png
I did something similar with my garage opener. I have an older Genie opener but added a NEXX remote opener to it a few years ago. NEXX does work with iOS and Android quite well and I was able to create an iOS shortcut that interacts with it seamlessly. Similar to what you mentioned, I think you have to set up the shortcut title to be exactly what you say to Siri for it to work well.

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did something similar with my garage opener. I have an older Genie opener but added a NEXX remote opener to it a few years ago. NEXX does work with iOS and Android quite well and I was able to create an iOS shortcut that interacts with it seamlessly. Similar to what you mentioned, I think you have to set up the shortcut title to be exactly what you say to Siri for it to work well.
Right, exactly. So far it’s been working pretty well. Once in a while Siri is on a 15 minute break and doesn’t want to cooperate with any commands, so this gets affected as well. Overall it’s great, but I’m still carrying my opener just in case.

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can you post a pic of where on the dash you velcro’d the opener?
I can only imagine where the lower part of the dash ends right above where your left foot rests on the dead pedal. There’s a lip there where you can secure a remote.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I can only imagine where the lower part of the dash ends right above where your left foot rests on the dead pedal. There’s a lip there where you can secure a remote.
You, sir, have a good imagination. That is exactly where it is.

nicodimas

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec Tech CVT, White/Red
Right, exactly. So far it’s been working pretty well. Once in a while Siri is on a 15 minute break and doesn’t want to cooperate with any commands, so this gets affected as well. Overall it’s great, but I’m still carrying my opener just in case.
LMFAO at "Once in a while, Siri is on a 15 minute break..." Duuuuuuude, she's been f*cking with me lately. I find that if I've backed out of my garage enough to where my phone is still weakly connect to the wifi, she has problems.

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LMFAO at "Once in a while, Siri is on a 15 minute break..." Duuuuuuude, she's been f*cking with me lately. I find that if I've backed out of my garage enough to where my phone is still weakly connect to the wifi, she has problems.
Exactly. That happens to me sometimes. I find myself using Siri when I’m pulling up home (it never fails), and I use the button when I leave.

Last edited:

SomeRandomDude

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
Created an account just to say thank you! Your workaround works great!

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Great! Happy to hear!

vbmike73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep
Just came across this thread. Does this still work for you? Reason I ask is within the last few days, my integration with Simple Commands has stopped. Simple Commands has become LiveKey which I also have. Whenever I try to login to my MyQ account through either app (LiveKey or Simple Commands) it tells me Invalid Credentials. Yet I have verified that I am using the correct ones by logging out of the MyQ app and logging back in just fine. I even went as far as deleting the MyQ app and redownloading, and I'm still able to login in that app. Yet no matter what, I cannot log into LiveKey. Any ideas?

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just came across this thread. Does this still work for you? Reason I ask is within the last few days, my integration with Simple Commands has stopped. Simple Commands has become LiveKey which I also have. Whenever I try to login to my MyQ account through either app (LiveKey or Simple Commands) it tells me Invalid Credentials. Yet I have verified that I am using the correct ones by logging out of the MyQ app and logging back in just fine. I even went as far as deleting the MyQ app and redownloading, and I'm still able to login in that app. Yet no matter what, I cannot log into LiveKey. Any ideas?
I had a similar issue for a bit. I can’t recall exactly what I did, but I think I just updated my PW and it all worked after that. Still works with LiveKey.