• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CVT for 2023 Integra !?

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
That hatch was not even on my radar until your post and now after some research it sits highly on my next vehicles list. Only draw back I can see is the view out the rear hatch seems a bit small but a 250hp AWD loaded out hatch for less than 40k is super enticing
I also heard that it's been tuned to be more focused on comfort than performance, so it won't exactly shift very fasting. Less than stellar visibility from the back, less cargo space, and leg room in the back, and no touchscreen display, worse suspension, but the AWD, 250HP, non-CVT, and best of all the really nice interior is well worth the tradeoffs imo.

Last edited:

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I also heard that it's been tuned to be more focused on comfort than performance, so it won't exactly shift very fasting. Very than stellar visibility from the back, less cargo space, and leg room in the back, and no touchscreen display, worse suspension, but the AWD, 250HP, non-CVT, and best of all the really nice interior is well worth the tradeoffs imo.
Yeah that’s pretty much the trade offs. I drove a premium 3 hatch prior to the turbo coming out. I’d say it rivaled the TLX in terms of luxury feel tbh. Definitely cramped in the back and I’m short so it’s fine but if you’re pushing 6ft tall it’d be kinda rough. I only test drive but there were no creaks or noises from the cabin and ride was smooth.

savage geese sold me on the car, it’s all been tuned to be the perfect daily. Lots of grunt but computer limited, and you can always take over on the paddles if you want.

Maybe we still get some suprises tomorrow from Acura but otherwise I’d argue it’s not even really a competitor to the Integra, power and AWD really make it hard to compare

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I also heard that it's been tuned to be more focused on comfort than performance, so it won't exactly shift very fasting. Very than stellar visibility from the back, less cargo space, and leg room in the back, and no touchscreen display, worse suspension, but the AWD, 250HP, non-CVT, and best of all the really nice interior is well worth the tradeoffs imo.
They decided to grow up. That's all. Maybe they were already planning on becoming a luxury brand, who knows.
But Mazda "fans" at the time were very unhappy with the decision. Almost like how Acura "fans" are reacting to the new Integra now lol

The 3 is interesting. There's really nothing like it in the market.
The 50% performance 50% luxury formula isn't for everyone tho. It means it's not 100% at anything.
The new Integra will have to go through the same issue.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
The 3 is interesting. There's really nothing like it in the market.
The 50% performance 50% luxury formula isn't for everyone tho. It means it's not 100% at anything.
The new Integra will have to go through the same issue.
It is interesting for sure… but it seems every time I take a closer look the backseat legroom and price turn me off.

Honda is hard to beat on interior volume and value.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
It is interesting for sure… but it seems every time I take a closer look the backseat legroom and price turn me off.

Honda is hard to beat on interior volume and value.
Yeah, Honda definitely has a great value proposition and class leader in space. A sport touring hatch would easily be on my short list, but as I’ve mentioned as someone with back problems, not having lumbar support on a 30k car is borderline insane, not even for the driver.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
The 22 Nissan Rogue is the first and only CVT I’ve ever driven. I’m hesitant to like CVT overall due to all the hate it gets from enthusiasts. Also all of the drastically different variations and tunes they have from different manufacturers. Some are whiney and annoying. Some are smooth.

But the Nissan I drove, which supposedly has some of the worst CVTs (although the 22 CVT is new? Maybe it’s good now), was impressive. Throttle response was sharp and the suv felt quick. The fake shifts felt believable too. So it’s highly dependent on how it’s tuned.

I’d prefer a normal AT. But if the CVT in the integra is as good or better than the Rogue. I’ll be happy with it.
Because its NOT intended for enthusiast. It's intended to be smooth and get great MPG. Which is what most Acura buyers will care about. They aren't looking for a Sports car, and likely wouldn't know one if they had one smack them in the face. They want a car that looks nice and makes them FEEL like its sporty.

Look at the TLX Type-S its like 5+years late to the game with its AWD/355hp v6tt combo. The Taurus SHO had that in like 2010, Lincoln and Infiniti had 400HP versions of that, KIA has even already done that now almost 4-5 years ago. There is nothing impressive about its specs and there hasn't been for about 10years now. Yet Acura fans are clamoring for it, and definitely NOT for its performance.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Here's hoping when the ordering opens EVERYTHING is on the table. All the specs, prices, info, as well as the "build a teg" on the acura site.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Here's hoping when the ordering opens EVERYTHING is on the table. All the specs, prices, info, as well as the "build a teg" on the acura site.
At this point I’d just be thrilled with price, specs and estimated delivery date