• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best Songs to Listen To

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I thought this would be a fun thread to keep updated over time.

What are some songs that take full advantage of the ELS Stereo and sound amazing?

She’s Got Issues by The Offspring is a fun one.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I don’t have an answer yet but when I get mine, I plan to try out some 5.1 surround sound albums. I found this thread about the ELS Studio 3D on the RDX. Apparently it can play 5.1 WAV or FLAC from a USB drive: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx...gation-455/ultimate-5-1-audio-new-rdx-968813/. Can’t wait to try it!
Well, apparently the system in the integra can’t playback real surround sound. Just it’s own simulated-from-stereo DTS 3D or whatever it’s called:https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/tested-acura-integra-stereo.32588/

Seems like a side effect of using the civic infotainment instead of the system from other acuras. I can only hope they can enable it in software some day but looks like HQ lossless stereo is the best we can get. Not that that’s bad, I was just looking forward to a few great surround sound albums (Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Dark Side of the Moon) and some of the newer Atmos / spatial audio the streaming services have.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I think I have a blown speaker or something loose on the passenger door area. Vibrates like a blown speaker even at low volumes.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Saturn Astra
Well, apparently the system in the integra can’t playback real surround sound. Just it’s own simulated-from-stereo DTS 3D or whatever it’s called:https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/tested-acura-integra-stereo.32588/

Seems like a side effect of using the civic infotainment instead of the system from other acuras. I can only hope they can enable it in software some day but looks like HQ lossless stereo is the best we can get. Not that that’s bad, I was just looking forward to a few great surround sound albums (Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Dark Side of the Moon) and some of the newer Atmos / spatial audio the streaming services have.
I wonder if the ELS system was limited in some other ways due to the reliance on the Civic infotainment.

I was hoping that Daily Motor would do a video review of the Integra ELS system as I find their audio reviews very reliable. They did mention in the comments of their recent CX-5 audio review that they have listened to the Integra ELS system and found it to be good but not amazing, on par with the CX-30 Bose system.

OP
OP
RRP RSX-S

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I wonder if the ELS system was limited in some other ways due to the reliance on the Civic infotainment.

I was hoping that Daily Motor would do a video review of the Integra ELS system as I find their audio reviews very reliable. They did mention in the comments of their recent CX-5 audio review that they have listened to the Integra ELS system and found it to be good but not amazing, on par with the CX-30 Bose system.
Savagegeese does full objective and technical audio testing on their reviews. They said the ELS was very good and best in class.

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I think I have a blown speaker or something loose on the passenger door area. Vibrates like a blown speaker even at low volumes.
Any luck on getting this issue sorted? I have a vibration sound coming the the passenger door side that only occurs on a limited number of songs. The vibration noise stops when the door is opened- so it’s not the speaker itself. I believe the door card is coming into contact with the dash panel just forward from the silver ELS speaker grill…

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
Steely Dan, they always recorded with the best eqipment
Massive Attack - Mezzanine, tons of bass, 1990's tip-hop ( be careful )
i put in Dave Brubeck - live at Carnegie Hall, sounded amazing for a Album recorded in 1963,
all good recordings of Jazz sound great
Pink Floyd - Dark Side & Wish you were here,

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Just found this thread, this is great. I did a volume test after dropping the kids off this morning, so I'll suggest this one for electronic fans:

Hyper - Lies

The ELS is very good. I've never heard anything like it. I was grinning like an idiot in my garage just listening to the thing.

Now to build a playlist with the other suggestions in this thread...

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Adding this album:

Daft Punk - Alive 2007

I like how they blend one track into the next. It's a better experience when you listen from start to finish.

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
For my first drive home from the dealership, I created a playlist of all Hip Hop songs that mention Acura. I was surprised by how many there were from the 90s.

The first song was the Big Pun verse from Fantastic 4, since I also pack the Mac(book) in the back of the Ac 🤣

One song that came on the other day that I thought it made the ELS sound system really shine was Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd