• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Apps for infotainment

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
I noticed in poking around the radio settings that it is Android based and, more importantly, has the option to install apps from a USB.

Has anybody made apps for the tech-package infotainment system either for the Integra or the Civic with the same system?

Personally I'd love a digital gauge cluster to display boost pressure and Temps without physically modifying the dash or a-pillars in any way. Not a fan of how everything is being replaced with an idiot light

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
Not yet for the current gen cars. There is a product called Honda Hack for the 10th gen Civic that people have been trying to adapt to the 11th gen (see civicxi.com forum thread) but no luck so far.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not yet for the current gen cars. There is a product called Honda Hack for the 10th gen Civic that people have been trying to adapt to the 11th gen (see civicxi.com forum thread) but no luck so far.
I wonder if the 10th gen's system also ran on an auto version of Android, if so it should be relatively simple due to the same or very close operating system

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
Yes it was an older Android version. The same technique is used to enter developer mode

captainchadl

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Yeah, the old 10th gen civic uses android 4.2 or 4.4 I can't remember exactly. The new operating system, at least in my Integra, is Android 8.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, the old 10th gen civic uses android 4.2 or 4.4 I can't remember exactly. The new operating system, at least in my Integra, is Android 8.
It's a shame they didn't keep it updated. The benefit of android is the ongoing Google updates for most things, and cars typically stay on the road a lot longer than the 2-3 years people keep cell phones

captainchadl

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
@Decks515 Yeah, but this newer infotainment is, in my opinion, better than the 10th gen civic infotainment. Just my speculation, but I think they started working on this infotainment OS back when Android 8 was first released. As far as the custom gauge apps on the infotainment screen, that would depend on what information is being sent to the infotainment system by default.