• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Apple car play/YouTube delay

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue , but I’ve had it since day one and finally decided to make a post about it. When I have my iPhone 13 connect to the vehicle via car play, I’ve noticed if I’m listening to music and I switch songs from Apple Music it says a good 5 seconds before it fully switches. Same issue happens with you tube playing …. I’m not watching videos but I’ll leave a video playing while my phone is on my passenger seat and if I pick it up, I’ll notice the mouth doesn’t match the sound coming out, and if I skip to next video, again a 5 second delay while sound still plays. Any insight on this would be helpful. Thank you

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Are you using wireless CarPlay? Wireless CarPlay always has a good deal of latency (regardless of the car), even for skipping songs in the Music app. Wired will be a lot more responsive.

OP
OP
Ap2Iven

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
Are you using wireless CarPlay? Wireless CarPlay always has a good deal of latency (regardless of the car), even for skipping songs in the Music app. Wired will be a lot more responsive.
Damn so I need to remove my type c cable to type c charger port and switch to usb port. Any one know if the usb charges at the same rate as the type c?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Damn so I need to remove my type c cable to type c charger port and switch to usb port. Any one know if the usb charges at the same rate as the type c?
No, the usb c charges faster. But it’s also charge only. The usb A is needed for data as well. Make sure you push the power button on the wireless charger if it’s plugged in and you set it there, don’t want it also trying to charge wirelessly. Also, yes, wireless CarPlay does lag a few seconds.