• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Alexa issues

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Anyone having issues with alexa. It keeps saying I need an internet connection all of sudden. Tried closing alexa in phone and signing out in the Acura but still same issue

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
I haven’t been able to get it to work either. I gave up.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It worked flawlessly until yesterday. Now it just keeps saying there's no Internet connection

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
May be it needs the Alexa app on my phone ?

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
May be it needs the Alexa app on my phone ?
Yes it works with alexa app. You have to can a code and then follow the steps. I have don't all that but now it keeps saying it won't connect. You need the Acura link app as well I beleieve

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do have the AcuraLink app on my phone. It is connected to the car. I don’t have the Alexa app on my phone.

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How did you get AcuraLink to work?
Wish I could remember😬 some combination of downloading the app, entering the VIN, etc. I had to try it 5-6 times and then realized that because I was in the garage, may be there was poor signal. It finally worked when I was parked somewhere outdoors. May be there was no relation because it’s connected via wifi and not a satellite signal switch as SXM.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think I may have figured it out. You have to use Hotspot wifi on your phone and now Alexa works but I swear I didn't have to do that before

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think I may have figured it out. You have to use Hotspot wifi on your phone and now Alexa works but I swear I didn't have to do that before
Is that mentioned in the manual?! I do remember that on Alexa screen on the car, it said that it may cause other connections to not work. I was confused.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is that mentioned in the manual?! I do remember that on Alexa screen on the car, it said that it may cause other connections to not work. I was confused.
So I figured it out. Even though thr manual says alexa cannot work with android auto at the same time it does work and wirelessly at that. If your having issues go to settings > system > reset factory data. You need an Acura link account which is free for the first 3 years or at least mine was. Click on the alexa button, make sure your phone has alexa, and follow the instructions on the headunit. Everything is working again. Once you log out of alexa it seems it gets bugged out and you have factory reset if the alexa doesn't recognize phone connection

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Wish I could remove the Alexa garbage and not have to hold down the button to activate the Google assistant

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wish I could remove the Alexa garbage and not have to hold down the button to activate the Google assistant
Yea alexa already acting up. I gave up on her for now

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
Had it for first day or two then turned it off since it kept turning on randomly and got annoying. It's a cool feature, but I don't see a use for it in the car at least. At home I have one and use it on occasion, but even then it's rare

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had it for first day or two then turned it off since it kept turning on randomly and got annoying. It's a cool feature, but I don't see a use for it in the car at least. At home I have one and use it on occasion, but even then it's rare
My kids love music and they constantly ask for specific songs. So it made it easier for me to play music but I can always set my phone to listen to alexa auto and do it that way. Could just be a simple update needed