• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
You heard it first here.. I'm sure other sources will soon leak. Mine said they weren't supposed to tell anyone outside... But I had already posted.lol

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
You heard it first here.. I'm sure other sources will soon leak. Mine said they weren't supposed to tell anyone outside... But I had already posted.lol
So that’s supposed to be the launch date, not on sale date, right?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So that’s supposed to be the launch date, not on sale date, right?
Yeah launch date.. kinda matches up with the 2023 release so makes sense
It will be interesting if they give it an extra 10hp like the Japanese version

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Is it going to be a 2024 MY or 2023?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TXL Type-S /2023 Civic Type-R /2024 HR-V EX-L
Interesting.... have to follow up with some sources I know to see if there is any traction to this info:hmm:

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Yeah launch date.. kinda matches up with the 2023 release so makes sense
It will be interesting if they give it an extra 10hp like the Japanese version
Well I don't think I can wait another year :(

IIRC, the 10hp difference has something to do with the Gas here in NA.
So I just don't see the ITS getting more hp, unless...you know, AWD... but we all know that ain't happening.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
IF its literally a luxury CTR then I'm all over it. Im sure ADM's will be too, already 30k+ markups on the new Z.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
IF its literally a luxury CTR then I'm all over it. Im sure ADM's will be too, already 30k+ markups on the new Z.
My dealer sells current Type S variants at MSRP. They told me the Integra would be the same and sold my Aspec for MSRP.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Lol. Looks like some have read these posts. Jump to the 8:30 mark

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Waiting? No.

52413060261_779d1eb379_b.jpg

Car payment? No.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the S would have over the car I have that would cause me to want one bad enough to flip. Having never really paid attention to Acura and what their typical "Type S" formula is, other than more power, I have no idea what else it might bring to the table. Since it appears AWD is a definite no go, what's the draw?

Power? Okay, but how much is enough, or potentially too much? Honda appears to do a better job getting HP to the ground through the front wheels, but we are still talking about a FWD car; physics is against mad power. Besides, a tune and a few bolt-ons on this car can get me enough to have to think about upgrading the clutch.

Aero bolt-ons? Absolutely not. I'm not entering this car into any DTM races. Besides, I'm 60 not 16.

More creature comforts? TBH, ventilated seats might be nice, but if I could have gotten the manual without all the "safety" and automatic everything BS, I would have.

The formula that would have me seriously thinking of getting a Type S would be:

No significant change to outward appearance except badging
CTR power levels with AWD and a MT
Option for cloth interior or ventilated seats
Fully manual control of lights, wipers, and climate control, or at least the option to fully defeat all the automatic crap
Genuine, manual e-brake

Disclaimer: This post brought to you by COVID, causing me to have fuck-all else to do but bang random keys on my keyboard.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Waiting? No.

52413060261_779d1eb379_b.jpg

Car payment? No.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the S would have over the car I have that would cause me to want one bad enough to flip. Having never really paid attention to Acura and what their typical "Type S" formula is, other than more power, I have no idea what else it might bring to the table. Since it appears AWD is a definite no go, what's the draw?

Power? Okay, but how much is enough, or potentially too much? Honda appears to do a better job getting HP to the ground through the front wheels, but we are still talking about a FWD car; physics is against mad power. Besides, a tune and a few bolt-ons on this car can get me enough to have to think about upgrading the clutch.

Aero bolt-ons? Absolutely not. I'm not entering this car into any DTM races. Besides, I'm 60 not 16.

More creature comforts? TBH, ventilated seats might be nice, but if I could have gotten the manual without all the "safety" and automatic everything BS, I would have.

The formula that would have me seriously thinking of getting a Type S would be:

No significant change to outward appearance except badging
CTR power levels with AWD and a MT
Option for cloth interior or ventilated seats
Fully manual control of lights, wipers, and climate control, or at least the option to fully defeat all the automatic crap
Genuine, manual e-brake
Fair question, ie what’s the draw. Personally, I like the look of the Integra better than my 10th Gen Si. I’ve also wanted a hatchback Si ever since selling my 99 Prelude. I’m sold on an Integra.

That being said, it’s going to cost me $45k CDN before taxes to get that Si hatchback and power train is going to be very much the same as what I have. So I’d say the draw is yolo and since I’ve got my head in the noose I might as well jump off the horse.

I’ve only owned 4 cars in my 50ish years here so I’d like to try that 2.0T in a nicer looking, more attainable and more tolerable version of the CTR. I’m out if no MT. There’s a chance I’ll only keep it a few years and move on but there’s also a chance I’ll keep it a long time while I hold onto one of the last great ICE vehicles Honda ever makes. Time will tell… I do know I can’t decide without driving one and I suspect that’ll be hard to do without buying one.