• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
Si doesn't come with an auto but the Integra does. So I'm pretty sure that they'll offer it as an option for the Type S too.
The question is: how different will the two versions be?

1. Same engine, same performance upgrades, both with LSD
2. Same engine, same performance upgrades, AT without LSD
3. 6MT+K20C1+LSD / 10AT+K20C6+open diff, same performance upgrades
4. Type R in an Integra body(MT) vs Integra with TLX powertrain(AT)
I’m betting on #2. I rule out #1 because Honda likes to reuse powertrains and there is no Honda AT with LSD currently on the market, and #3 & 4 makes the lineup too confusing and adds cost to have 2 ITS’s that perform differently.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I’m betting on #2. I rule out #1 because Honda likes to reuse powertrains and there is no Honda AT with LSD currently on the market, and #3 & 4 makes the lineup too confusing and adds cost to have 2 ITS’s that perform differently.
I agree. That's what they did with regular Integra too.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I agree. That's what they did with regular Integra too.
300hp and no lsd this thing will be doing serious 1 wheel burnouts

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
During the Type R reviews, common theme was basic civic level interior, harsh/firm ride, and loud outside noise at hwy speeds.
Hoping ITS will take care of these while still retaining the performance side.
Maybe having my hopes too high now.....

Saw this on vwvortex forum from a user:
The waitlist at my local dealer is insane for the not-yet-officially-announced Integra Type S (partly because Canada is getting so few Type Rs); There’s 35 paid deposits down already at that one dealer.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Si doesn't come with an auto but the Integra does. So I'm pretty sure that they'll offer it as an option for the Type S too.
The question is: how different will the two versions be?

1. Same engine, same performance upgrades, both with LSD
2. Same engine, same performance upgrades, AT without LSD
3. 6MT+K20C1+LSD / 10AT+K20C6+open diff, same performance upgrades
4. Type R in an Integra body(MT) vs Integra with TLX powertrain(AT)
For a car whose msrp will be starting with a 4 and it’s main competition being the s3, cla35, golf R, etc. And they hope to pull potiential buyers from those cars. All of those cars have an auto option. Even the Elantra N has a manual and auto. So it would be foolish to not have an auto. They’d get a handful of people who want an s3 but also want a manual. But everyone else would never even consider it.

For the setup, they didn’t penalize cvt owners on power or features. Cvt lost lsd only because lsd on cvt isn’t really a thing and doesn’t exist on their current cvt’s. Remember the integra aspec and tech are the money makers for the model. Adding r&d to put lsd on the cvt eats into that profit. I know the 10AT on the tlx and mdx type s’ don’t have lsd, but that’s because of the shawd. Adding one to the AT will be way easier that it would have been to add to the cvt.

So the 10 speed AT will have lsd just like the manual. Same engine. Same power. Same features. That’s my vote.

Last edited:

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 2004 MX-5 Miata
Saw this on vwvortex forum from a user:

The waitlist at my local dealer is insane for the not-yet-officially-announced Integra Type S (partly because Canada is getting so few Type Rs); There’s 35 paid deposits down already at that one dealer.
That is highly disturbing. My dealer won't even acknowledge that it's coming.

S2000Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Honda S2000, 2024 Acura Integra Type-S
That is highly disturbing. My dealer won't even acknowledge that it's coming.
I'm number 2 at my local dealership here in Ontario, Canada and put that deposit in on September 19th for a Type S, I also have a #5 position at 3 separate Honda dealerships as well for a Type R, but not holding my breath unless someone doesn't want a RED Type R ahead of me in line. I put my first deposit in last year in October thinking that would be okay, but being told recently that I'm number 5, I don't know if games are being played, but not ruling it out. Can't seem to trust any dealership at this time.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I onky hope we will get more oppirtunities to get the Type S thab we have to get a Type R...ans more importanly...colors...not shades of white/black (Canada side).

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
The only mechanical/performance changes I expect from the Type-r to the S are:
Optional(or standard) auto
Spring rate/Bars = Make it a bit more of a comfortable ride and less of a track focused ride
ECU tune: Focus a bit more on daily drivability, maybe tweak for MPG a little more

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I spoke with four Acura dealers today, fishing around to see if any of them were doing waitlists/deposits (like some of you have experienced). None of them have a waitlist yet and they all said they wouldn't until they get official info from Acura.

Interestingly, one of the dealers I spoke with said that she was told "Spring 2023" - That lines up with other rumors here and with what we've been hearing in general.

I assume it means orders of the ITS through Acura will begin in the spring, and deliveries will probably begin late summer/early fall 2023. If this is the case, I'm willing to bet we'll get a reveal or at least a teaser from Acura in the next month or so.

Type-S

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Number 1 here with a cash deposit at my dealership
6 sp Manual with Summer Tire and Wheel Package :)

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
love the forums for this kind of info .. was trying to find an Si or CTR and everything is crazy ADM. a local Acura was asking for like $7k over on an integra but another is at MSRP. seems like i need to start nudging them to put me on the list for this ITS. They should be happy to take my manual integra back on trade hmmmm...

thanks for the info fellas, keep up the good work (especially those who are connected!)

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Number 1 here with a cash deposit at my dealership
6 sp Manual with Summer Tire and Wheel Package :)
Did your dealer give you the option for the Summer Tire and Wheel Package or are you just assuming that will be an option?

So bizarre how some of these dealers are taking your guys' money when we don't even have any official info. If that's any indication of what the demand for this car is gonna be like (with regards to markups, waitlists, etc.) then I may not even bother.