• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
It would also eat into the TLX-S realm. Especially when I just saw today that the FL5 CTR dynos around 325-330. I see it getting last gen ctr k20 and a 10 speed auto.
I think it's the same drive train like the SI was . Now if they also offer an auto version maybe but what auto besides a cvt fits the new civic?

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
I think it's the same drive train like the SI was . Now if they also offer an auto version maybe but what auto besides a cvt fits the new civic?
CVT only comes with the 1.5T and 2.0NA. 10AT comes with all other pure ICE models, with 9AT pretty much phased out now with the new Pilot, so chances are it would be the 10AT from the Accord/RDX/TLX

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
CVT only comes with the 1.5T and 2.0NA. 10AT comes with all other pure ICE models, with 9AT pretty much phased out now with the new Pilot, so chances are it would be the 10AT from the Accord/RDX/TLX
And that transmission would fit in a civic?

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
From what I was told it's the same power output or more than they TypeR
That’s not a good sign wrt pricing. If it matches or beats CTR power that will be reflected in the price… booo.

CTR here is already $50K before freight/PDI.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
There’s always the DCT from the ILX, but they don’t seem to want to keep using it… so ya 10AT from Accord/TLX is a better guess.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
There’s always the DCT from the ILX, but they don’t seem to want to keep using it… so ya 10AT from Accord/TLX is a better guess.
DCT has stopped being manufactured. It’s going to be 10 AT.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I am back y’all. It’s been a hot minute. Been trying to log in for awhile but there was a glitch in the Matrix haha.

Anyways, the Rumours about the Integra Type S having a Media drive in Japan could make sense. The car was developed primarily alongside the CTR in Japan so I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of them doing the Media drive there especially now that Japan has lifted its Traveling restrictions. I would assume we might get a teaser at some point this week or the next of a Prototype. Expect Japanese magazines to do stories on the ITS if the Rumours are true.

OP
OP
Mannyp93

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
I was just thinking. Back when the "Chaki's Story" anime came out the blue Integra on the lift had the license plate "6SPDMT" and the yellow Integra seen later had "ACC3LR8T"....could we possibly see an 8 speed auto? Likely no but just thought it was interesting.

Wondering if they release another portion to that series for the release of this car too.

Carmeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Acura RDX A-Spec / Adv
I’m honestly in the realm that the Type-S will be a copy of the Type R. I doubt Honda would bother going through the trouble of making them different (considering things like shortage in supplies, reduced workforce etc). The Type-S underneath will be exactly the same as the R, with 0 changes whatsoever. MAYBE and auto, but I doubt it. Inside it’ll have all the bells and whistles and as such will be more expensive, like 47-49k. Top Integra to Civic Si are exactly the same, it just has more features.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I was just thinking. Back when the "Chaki's Story" anime came out the blue Integra on the lift had the license plate "6SPDMT" and the yellow Integra seen later had "ACC3LR8T"....could we possibly see an 8 speed auto? Likely no but just thought it was interesting.

Wondering if they release another portion to that series for the release of this car too.
ACC3LR8T =Accelerate . Not sure you need an auto transmission for that.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I’m honestly in the realm that the Type-S will be a copy of the Type R. I doubt Honda would bother going through the trouble of making them different (considering things like shortage in supplies, reduced workforce etc). The Type-S underneath will be exactly the same as the R, with 0 changes whatsoever. MAYBE and auto, but I doubt it. Inside it’ll have all the bells and whistles and as such will be more expensive, like 47-49k. Top Integra to Civic Si are exactly the same, it just has more features.
The civic si has always been the same motor as the base integra though. The type r is not the same as the type s. Remember in Japan they made a dc5 type s. It was slotted below the type r.

I can’t see them making the ITS only 3-4k less than the tlx type s. That’s dumb. Therefore, since we know it’ll be more equipped that the CTR, it’ll have to have less power, since it’ll be around 40k.

And it’ll have an auto option if not the only option. The k20c/10speed is a mass produced combo. There’s no reason to not have it in there. Especially if it’s a direct dump of the tlx/rdx drivetrain. From a supply chain pov, it would make more sense to make it with the tlx/rdx drive train too vs the CTR drive train which is a new motor paired with a new 6 speed, made in low quantities.

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 2004 MX-5 Miata
I highly doubt it'll be an auto-only car. That would be pretty disappointing.

The spy shots show it with the triple exhaust - That should be enough to safely assume we're dealing with a dressed-up or reconfigured CTR. Of course I do hope that doesn't mean we're gonna see a 48/49k MSRP before markups.

I personally wish this car would just be a modern GSR rather than Type R (and thus would be priced accordingly), I'm just skeptical based on the spy shots.

Edit: Not to mention this:
source thinks its a manual, based on sound and since brake lights were not on at a stop

Last edited:

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I highly doubt it'll be an auto-only car. That would be pretty disappointing.

The spy shots show it with the triple exhaust - That should be enough to safely assume we're dealing with a dressed-up or reconfigured CTR. Of course I do hope that doesn't mean we're gonna see a 48/49k MSRP before markups.

I personally wish this car would just be a modern GSR rather than Type R (and thus would be priced accordingly), I'm just skeptical based on the spy shots.

Edit: Not to mention this:
It’s both auto and manual

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Si doesn't come with an auto but the Integra does. So I'm pretty sure that they'll offer it as an option for the Type S too.
The question is: how different will the two versions be?

1. Same engine, same performance upgrades, both with LSD
2. Same engine, same performance upgrades, AT without LSD
3. 6MT+K20C1+LSD / 10AT+K20C6+open diff, same performance upgrades
4. Type R in an Integra body(MT) vs Integra with TLX powertrain(AT)