THey may be considering the idea of having a limited release there depending on market interest.It's interesting that the media drive might take place in Japan since they are not even sold there.
Remember the TLX TypeS also comes with all seasons and has a performance tire and wheel optionIf it comes with all-seasons, I'm guessing there's not much of a chance it'll get the CTR's K20C motor.
The CTR's K20C + 6MT would be the best case scenario, but I'm starting to get a sense that it won't happen.
Worst case scenario would be the detuned K20C from the Accord/TLX/RDX mated to the 10AT.
What I'll accept and consider upgrading to is the detuned K20C from the Accord/TLX/RDX mated to a 6MT. An automatic with either engine is an instant dealbreaker. There are a lot of other cars that only come with an automatic in that same price segment that are better.
Those are the tires I was going to get for my lowly, non Type S. Those plans may have been accelerated by the nail I found in my left rear tire this morning, right before having to go to work. Had no choice but to plug it. Now, I'm debating whether to have it hot-patched, or just get the new Contis.Looks like its wearing all season tires too.
In searching around the tire tread pattern, it perfectly matches.
ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus
- UTQG: 560 AA A
- Mile. War.: 50,000 Miles
- good chance on the same motor based on exhaust, I’d expect Honda to give it slightly less power so as not to unseat CTR as lone horsepower champobservations:
- Still has 3 tip exhaust, type r engine?
- duckbill spoiler looks nice instead of tacky wing
- same wide rear fenders/tires/rims as type r
- same license plate number as first spy shot "D2UA"
- source thinks its a manual, based on sound and since brake lights were not on at a stop
- hard to tell if hood is different, dont see the horizontal hood vent, but potentially has openings on the sides instead.
From what I was told it's the same power output or more than they TypeR- good chance on the same motor based on exhaust, I’d expect Honda to give it slightly less power so as not to unseat CTR as lone horsepower champ
- agreed on spoiler, wing would be a bad choice here
- good call on the plate
- it’d be unusual for Honda to not offer a manual since it’s already on the CTR and because RSX Type S offered one, only potential surprise would be an auto… I’d say it’s better than a 50/50 chance though
- previous pics showed the hood vent, the tape on the sides of the hood was on non ITS spy shots too so I don’t think there are side vents
- they’ve removed the heavy camo so unveil shouldn’t be too far off, lines are clearer and all we need now is a decent front pic to get enough for the photoshoppers to give us a pretty good look
From what I was told it's the same power output or more than they TypeR
It would also eat into the TLX-S realm. Especially when I just saw today that the FL5 CTR dynos around 325-330. I see it getting last gen ctr k20 and a 10 speed auto.More power than the Type R would be an awful lot of power being sent to only the front wheels...