• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I think one of my favourite unbelievably dumb post I saw on Instagram the other day was that a guy is stating that a CTR LE sold for $145k or so was due to the fact the Integra was a disappointment. I showed Robb and we both laughed at the post because it just doesn’t make sense how a model from the Acura brand can affect an extremely limited model for a CTR that even a non LE model sells for high numbers.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I think one of my favourite unbelievably dumb post I saw on Instagram the other day was that a guy is stating that a CTR LE sold for $145k or so was due to the fact the Integra was a disappointment. I showed Robb and we both laughed at the post because it just doesn’t make sense how a model from the Acura brand can affect an extremely limited model for a CTR that even a non LE model sells for high numbers.
Exactly.

The only way the Integra would effect the sales prices of the CTR (or any civic) was if it was being REPLACED by the Integra... but they're going to be sold alongside each other. So there's no gain/loss from either brand or model because the other exists. Integra might take a few sales from the Sport Touring hatches and Si... and the eventual Type S might sway a few from the CTR... but overall Honda/Acura managed to minimize overlap between the civic and Integra in terms of price/features/performance so that they wouldn't stomp all over each other. The CTR is a limited production vehicle... it's going to be sought after and command high markups, especially a special edition LE... the Integra reveal had exactly zero to do with that.

Last edited:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
It's like saying the Mercury Sable sucked to the Ford Taurus SHO became more valuable.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Car(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
I wish Honda/Acura did what VW does with the APR tunes.. still covered under warranty
that would be awesome but not sure they will ever be down for that