• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Si (sold) 2020 Type R (sold) 1994 Honda Acty
I loved my 2020 R, really I only sold it because I made a lot on it, otherwise I'd still have it. Loved the Boost Blue and style (most don't). It's the perfect daily

The Type S sounds appealing if it ends up with the R drive train just more luxurious.

Last edited:

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How was the mark up when you bought the 2020 R?
It wasn't fun when I got mine in 2018. I expect the GR Circuit pack to be just like that when it comes out. There's way too much hype and dealerships know it.

I paid MSRP, took a little work but saved me thousands.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Agreed--it's Circuit Edition or nothing with this Corolla. I'd expect limited production, and that MSRP is going to be hard to come by.

That said, the Civic Type R should be competitive in performance and price, and maybe easier to come by at/around MSRP. I haven't partaken in the Integra Type S debates, but believe one will undoubtedly come by early next year... but in my opinion, It's going to cost $46,000-$52,000. I think people are crazy if they think an Integra Type S will compete with the Civic Type R in both price and performance. If the Honda/Acura current pricing model is used as a point of reference, and the Integra = Civic and TLX = Accord, Honda prices the Civic Type R 5%-10% above the top trim Accord without any concern that one will eat into the sales of the other. Different products, different markets, different consumers. If that holds true, the Integra Type S doesn't have to be cheaper than a base TLX, and probably can be as expensive or more than a TLX A-Spec or Advance while selling just fine. It'd logically need to fall somewhere under that TLX Type S price, and there's a lot of room for them to do that.
The core GR seems very disappointing. No hood bulge, flat black on the grill, severely lacking interior (no leather, need add on packs to get it 80% to the circuit). Classic Toyota, they’ve never provided very good value. They short change items and shove it down their customers throats.

What’s funny is that the same people who complained about the integra being 4 door or about how you had to get the tech to get the 9” screen are raving about the cheesy 8” screen even on the circuit and ignoring the lack of steering wheel audio controls on the core. I love all things cars and wanted to love the GR. I was looking forward to the presser last night. But if someone was disappointed in the integra and loves the GR, they’re just haters.

The circuit should be standard and the special edition should be even better. Instead to get a complete vehicle, you basically have to get the very limited version.

The 10th gen CTR should wipe the floor with even the circuit at the track and the 11th gen will be even better. Toyota coming into the game not even up to last gen standards. Cool the GR will be fun on dirt rally courses. Let me know when anyone is really going to do that.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
but in my opinion, It's going to cost $46,000-$52,000. I think people are crazy if they think an Integra Type S will compete with the Civic Type R in both price and performance. If the Honda/Acura current pricing model is used as a point of reference, and the Integra = Civic and TLX = Accord, Honda prices the Civic Type R 5%-10% above the top trim Accord
In your specific comparison you aren’t wrong. But what you’re missing is that the type s is a tier below the type r.

You’re looking at it exclusively from the model pov. Yes the integra is more pricy than the civic. But that doesn’t apply with specialty trims. The CTR is more than the accord because it’s a type r. The type s is less serious. Look at Acura’s pricing and how much the type s adds to the previous trim.

The ITS won’t match the power or handling of the CTR. But it’ll have nicer features and tech. So they will be the same price if the ITS isn’t a hair less. They won’t eat each other’s sales at all. Someone who wants all out performance will got CTR. Some who wants a fun and dynamic but more mature car will go ITS. Remember the DC5 in Japan had a type r and type s. The type s was not the same in performance.

Last edited:

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
300 HP AWD, it will rape both gen R's off the line. Not sure about track yet, but will be interesting for sure.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
300 HP AWD, it will rape both gen R's off the line. Not sure about track yet, but will be interesting for sure.
Don’t over estimate AWD vs a FWD car with perfect suspension geometry and with more hp and tq.

Last edited:

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don’t over estimate AWD vs a FWD car with perfect suspension geometry with more hp and tq.
The Yaris is already on par with the Type R 0-60 and this will be faster.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The Yaris is already on par with the Type R 0-60 and this will be faster.
The CTR is over 2 tenths faster than the Yaris. That’s not on par in 0-60 world. The new CTR will be even faster than that.

And the GR Corolla won’t be faster than the Yaris at all. It will probably be even be slower actually. Same tq. Same awd system. Yes the Corolla has more hp but that’s to offset the larger size and weight. The GR Corolla is over FOUR HUNDRED pounds heavier than the GR Yaris.

So like I said, both gen CTR’s will crush the GR Corolla in any format that isn’t dirt.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We'll see. What's going to be interesting is bump the power to 400, it may hit a mid 4 0-60.

Problem with the 10th gen R, (mine had the same) once tuned 1st gear is just about useless and they are even harder to launch.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
The core GR seems very disappointing. No hood bulge, flat black on the grill, severely lacking interior (no leather, need add on packs to get it 80% to the circuit). Classic Toyota, they’ve never provided very good value. They short change items and shove it down their customers throats.

What’s funny is that the same people who complained about the integra being 4 door or about how you had to get the tech to get the 9” screen are raving about the cheesy 8” screen even on the circuit and ignoring the lack of steering wheel audio controls on the core. I love all things cars and wanted to love the GR. I was looking forward to the presser last night. But if someone was disappointed in the integra and loves the GR, they’re just haters.

The circuit should be standard and the special edition should be even better. Instead to get a complete vehicle, you basically have to get the very limited version.

The 10th gen CTR should wipe the floor with even the circuit at the track and the 11th gen will be even better. Toyota coming into the game not even up to last gen standards. Cool the GR will be fun on dirt rally courses. Let me know when anyone is really going to do that.
I wouldn't call the core trim a disappointment just yet. It won't make much sense as a CTR/Golf R competitor, but different story against WRX, GTI and N.
So it will all come down to the pricing of the core trim.(and the circuit pack)
And it's supposed to be a "rally inspired" hot hatch, not a lap time monster. STI in its stock form is MUCH slower than the CTR on tracks but in its natural habitat, it can easily smoke a CTR or any track focused hot hatchbacks. I know you already know this but there's nothing wrong with not being #1 on track.

What's funny to me is that people who complained about FK8's design being too ricey actually seem happy with this ?‍♂

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I wouldn't call the core trim a disappointment just yet. It won't make much sense as a CTR/Golf R competitor, but different story against WRX, GTI and N.
So it will all come down to the pricing of the core trim.(and the circuit pack)
And it's supposed to be a "rally inspired" hot hatch, not a lap time monster. STI in its stock form is MUCH slower than the CTR on tracks but in its natural habitat, it can easily smoke a CTR or any track focused hot hatchbacks. I know you already know this but there's nothing wrong with not being #1 on track.

What's funny to me is that people who complained about FK8's design being too ricey actually seem happy with this ?‍♂
Good points. It will for sure be fun to drive and is of course designed to be a rally type vs a track. That rear bumper is yikes IMO. So I think both fk8 and the GR are both ricey.

I think the issue I’m having is that the circuit is limited. If both core and circuit for normal permanent trims similar to the wrx/sti that would make more sense. But the core is technically the main version. The circuit won’t be around for long. And the core is very striped down to me and very lacking. Maybe that’s how they wanted it. A wrx competitor, which it crushes. But I think there’s a lot of things on the limited edition that should be standard on the core.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I dig the FK8 styling, most do not though.

The only GR I would consider will be the Circuit.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Last edited:

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
Agreed--it's Circuit Edition or nothing with this Corolla.
Not necessarily. With the core you can option in most of the stuff you'd get in the Circuit

"Core Grade is available with the following packages:

Performance package: Includes front and rear Torsen Limited Slip Differentials (LSD).
Technology package: Includes Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation and JBL® w/Clari-Fi®, and Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging.
Cold Weather Package: Includes heated front seats and heated steering wheel."

You will miss out on the cool hood, the better spoiler and the carbon forged roof. I wish the core had the hood and the spoiler.