• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

16 Speakers?

Launch Angle

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 2000 Integra GS
The sound system is disappointing. Sounds like 12 of the speakers are turned off! Or am I an idiot and need to enable some sound feature?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The sound system is disappointing. Sounds like 12 of the speakers are turned off! Or am I an idiot and need to enable some sound feature?
Did you get the base? Literally no one has said anything short of the ELS being top in its class by far.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I don't seem to hear much from the roof mounted speakers. But in general this thing bumps. I haven't come close to maxing the volume and usually drive with it set to level 9

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The roof speakers serve the same purpose as an Atmos HT. You don’t really hear sounds come out directly like other speakers. It’s subtle and adds to the overall sound.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Did you enable the DTS Neural Surround?

clayish

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Majestic Black Integra
I don't seem to hear much from the roof mounted speakers. But in general this thing bumps. I haven't come close to maxing the volume and usually drive with it set to level 9
Second this I honestly feel like nothing is coming out of the top even when i put my ear to them, despite that the system sounds great overall.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I would imagine I’d like to upgrade the amplifier a bit for more power, do we know the total power of the amp that is spread across how many speakers again?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I would imagine I’d like to upgrade the amplifier a bit for more power, do we know the total power of the amp that is spread across how many speakers again?
I believe it's 500 or 550
16 speakers with tech package

8 speakers non-tech

Last edited:

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
I agree Neo, sounds great but could use a little more power, maybe another 100 or so watts

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
My wife has a 2022 MDX Type-S with the 16 speakers ELS, and hers sounds better. More setting too…like center channel adjustment.

While the Integra sounds better than most, i feels like they didn’t give it all the bells and whistles sound-wise.

memo90061

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E350
Are there any other opinions on the ELS?
I currently have a Mercedes Benz e350 and it might be total loss.
Thinking about the Honda Civic Hatchback ST for Bose and now thinking about the Integra because of the 16 speakers. I wonder what sounds better. I should go to the dealer and try it.

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 2004 MX-5 Miata
The ELS 16-speaker blows the Bose system out of the water (based on my experience with the '22 Si).

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
With the DTS neural surround on, this is the best factory sound I've ever experienced. I've gone up to 20 with absolute clarity and that's as loud as I can stand. The 2022 RDX loaner I'm in now sounds exactly the same (as it should being the same ELS system).