• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

1.5l Integra Air Filter

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
Was performing my usual pre-road trip inspections and noticed that the air filter on my Integra A-spec 6MT was filthy. Thing only has 14k miles on it. I know it's a small filter, but I've seen cars with 40k on an air intake filter that looked nicer than this. Ordered a Pure Guard PA99892 as it was readily available, looks like the OEM # is 17220-64a-a00. The Pure Guard looks fine, but I'll probably end up replacing it with an OEM filter in the near future as I prefer to run OEM parts whenever possible.

Curious if others will see similar build up at such low mileage.

20230526_175615.jpg

20230526_175611.jpg

Fngslim

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Filters are meant to be changed every 12-15k miles depending on where your live and conditions. I would change out your cabin air filter while you’re at it.

OP
OP

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
Filters are meant to be changed every 12-15k miles depending on where your live and conditions. I would change out your cabin air filter while you’re at it.
Never heard of 12-15k air intake filter maintenance intervals on a modern car, would be interested to see the Manufacturer's literature that suggests that. That would fall in between suggested oil changes on these, seems unusual that a manufacturer would schedule it that way.

Our '18 Mustang Ecoboost is 20k mi, and that seemed very low to me, compared to our LS vehicles that suggest the filter be changed at 50k mi. My last personal car, which I used in an identical way to the Integra, was an Audi 2.0l turbo that had 35k mile intervals on the air intake filter, and it was typically pretty clean when changed.

I wouldn't consider my conditions particularly demanding, either. I commute about 40 miles/day round trip, in an area with pretty good air quality.

Good call on the cabin air filter; I ordered one at the same time as the engine air filter, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the engine air filter.

lunarsilver

Lunarsilver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 civic ext
Was performing my usual pre-road trip inspections and noticed that the air filter on my Integra A-spec 6MT was filthy. Thing only has 14k miles on it. I know it's a small filter, but I've seen cars with 40k on an air intake filter that looked nicer than this. Ordered a Pure Guard PA99892 as it was readily available, looks like the OEM # is 17220-64a-a00. The Pure Guard looks fine, but I'll probably end up replacing it with an OEM filter in the near future as I prefer to run OEM parts whenever possible.

Curious if others will see similar build up at such low mileage.

20230526_175615.jpg

20230526_175611.jpg
The more the dirt the better.....That's a good filter doing its job...15k is when it needs a new filter...

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I changed my air filter at about 10k miles after seeing it look very similar to yours. I think mine was actually a little worse, but at the time I blamed it on the horrible wildfire smoke we had for 3 months last summer in the Seattle area.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
The intake is ducted to the front of the car so it’s probably picking up more from the road than if it was taking it from the engine bay. There’s nothing about a cars modernity that would keep its air filter any cleaner than others.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
IMG_9003.jpeg
This is from the service manual, doesn’t really specific when to replace. Most Honda/Acuras are a replace when the service indicator on the dash tells you too now. Doesn’t say to replace at XX,XXX miles anymore, unless you fall into the special category, but a dealer will always try to sell it when they perform the overall inspection at B service oil changes

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
Looking at OP's picture, I'd definitely say he's driving in some pretty dusty environments. I changed my air filter to PRL's oiled filter on delivery, been driving around construction and several excavation sites, @ 10,000 km not even 1/5 of that dust. That qualifies it for the 15k miles replacement, I think.